$15,208,168** $15.2 Million
Construction Worker Fell from a Ladder: Jury Verdict.
$12,000,000 $12 Million
Union driver was injured in a fall off of a ladder that was attached to a truck container.
$11,899,469*** $11.9 Million
Union Worker Fell from a Scaffold
$11,000,000 $11 Million
$10,000,000 $10 Million
Laborer fell from a suspended scaffold. Case settled after jury verdict for $10,000,000.
$9,900,000 $9.9 Million
Settlement for Union laborer who fell from a rolling scaffold.
$9,825,000 $9.8 Million
Construction worker/laborer fell from the scaffold, jury verdict.
$9,359,622 $9.4 Million
Jury verdict for mason worker who fell two floors from the side of a building.
$6,000,000 $6 Million
Union crane operator injured on the job.
$5,750,000 $5.8 Million
Machinery Accident Attorney in NYC
Compensation for Construction Equipment & Machinery Injuries
Industrial work settings and construction sites are filled with numerous safety hazards, including those posed by large and powerful machines.
Because machinery accidents can cause debilitating injuries and hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills and related expenses, those with legal obligations to ensure the safety of worksites and the safe operation of heavy equipment must take the necessary precautions to keep workers safe. Unfortunately, they do not always uphold their obligations.
If you or a loved one were injured in a machinery accident in New York City, our award-winning lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. can evaluate your options for legal action. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to seek workers’ compensation and / or civil damages for your injuries.
Why Choose The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.?
- More than half a billion in compensation recovered for clients.
- Over 50 verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million each in the past five years.
- Leaders in construction accident litigation with cases that have helped shaped NY Labor Law.
- Nationally recognized attorneys named among The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is a U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rated trial practice known for representing victims in workers’ compensation and personal injury matters arising from construction accidents. To speak with an NYC lawyer about your claim, call (212) 577-9325 for a FREE consultation.
Your Right to Compensation After a Machinery Accident
If you suffered a work-related injury due to a machinery accident, your right to compensation will depend on the facts of your case. For example, you may have grounds to pursue:
Workers’ compensation: By law, workers injured on the job are entitled to benefits provided through their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance. You may be able to receive medical benefits, wage replacement, disability, and rehabilitation benefits, among other benefits, regardless of who caused your accident.
Personal injury lawsuit: You also may be able to pursue civil damages outside of the workers’ compensation system by filing a personal injury lawsuit against a third party that is not your employer. You may be able to pursue a civil lawsuit under various circumstances, including:
- Claims against general contractors or worksite owners for violations of the NY Labor Law, including failures to provide a safe worksite (Labor Law § 200), protect against height-related hazards (Labor Law § 240(1)), and provide safe, regulation-compliant machinery to those employed on the site, for example properly guarded power saws and excavators with working backup alarms (Labor Law § 241(6)).
- Negligence committed by another contractor or their employee that caused your accident.
- Product liability claims against machine or equipment manufacturers responsible for defectively designed or manufactured products (i.e. machines that malfunction).
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our attorneys represent clients in both workers’ compensation and personal injury proceedings. Should you have grounds to pursue a civil lawsuit – which can provide more compensation for damages that are unavailable through workers’ comp, such as pain and suffering – we can assist you in navigating both your workers’ comp case and your civil case.
We Handle All Types of Machinery & Equipment Accidents
As a firm that’s been fighting for injured workers and families for over 40 years, we have the experience to handle all types of workplace accidents involving machinery, equipment, and tools such as:
- Table saws and cutting equipment
- Earth-movers, graders, excavators, etc.
- Machine presses and metalworking machinery
- Cranes, forklifts, and hoists
- Pneumatic tools, air guns, and nailers
- Industrial processing equipment
- Grinders, sanders, and abrasive devices
- Drilling and welding machinery
While these and other specialized machinery serve important purposes on worksites, their use can pose numerous dangers to workers and those around them.
According to OSHA and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, heavy equipment and machinery are a factor in thousands of workplace injuries and deaths each year. Many of these accidents involve:
- Fires, explosions, and burn injuries
- Electrocution and electric shock
- Brain injuries
- Crush and de-gloving injuries
- Caught in / between accidents
- Loss of limbs, fingers and amputation
- Improper machine guarding
- Falls and falling objects
Examples of Our Machinery Accident Recoveries
- $12 Million for a union driver who was severely brain damaged when struck by metal from a heavy truck container and caused to fall from a ladder
- $7.9 Million for a union dockworker struck with a two-ton metal block being hoisted by a crane
- $6 Million for a Union crane operator who suffered serious injuries when he fell from a crane tower ladder that was not electrically heated and illuminated as it was designed to be.
- $3.7 Million for a carpenter who suffered electrical shock injuries when his Hilti gun came into contact with HVAC ductwork electrified due to improperly secured and insulated wiring.
- $3.25 Million (mediation) for a 51-year-old plumber who suffered injuries to his non-dominant hand as a result of an improperly guarded table saw.
- $3.2 Million for the family of a union carpenter seriously injured by a 670-pound metal plate that fell from a hoist.
- $2.15 Million for a worker who claimed lift’s malfunction causes injuries to the spine and elbow.
- $2 Million for a 44-year-old torch operator who suffered serious injuries when he was struck by a Bobcat loader on a Manhattan demolition site.
- $1 Million for a 46-year-old carpenter injured when a table saw provided by his employer jammed and drew his hand into the path of the blade.
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a construction- or work-related machinery accident, now is the time to explore your rights. Our attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. can discuss your case during a FREE consultation and explain how we can help you pursue the maximum compensation possible. Contact us to speak with an NYC machinery accident lawyer.
You deserve prompt, aggressive representation for your case. That is why you should contact the New York City construction accident lawyers to pursue your injury case for you. From workers’ compensation claims to injury lawsuits, we can do it all on your behalf. We offer counsel to construction workers throughout Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Long Island, the Bronx, and the surrounding areas.
Call The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. at (212) 577-9325 if you are ready to schedule your free consultation with our team.
Contact our NYC lawyers to get the seasoned legal representation you need. We offer free case evaluations.