New York City Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Have you been injured in a motorcycle collision in New York City? If another driver’s negligence harmed you in a NYC motorcycle accident, get the experienced legal help you need to pursue maximum compensation for your losses.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our lawyers have been fighting for injured victims for more than four decades. We do everything we can to help clients rebuild their lives following a traumatic accident. We have worked hard to earn the respect of the legal community in New York. Our successes have earned us recognition from The Best Lawyers in America®, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, Super Lawyers®, and others.
Contact our firm today for a free initial case evaluation to speak with an New York City motorcycle accident lawyer about how we will fight for the financial recovery and justice you deserve.
Why Are Motorcycle Accident Claims More Complicated?
Motorcycle riders often face difficulties and obstacles in recovering compensation after an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or wrongful acts. Some of the reasons why motorcycle accident claims become more complicated than other kinds of auto accidents include:
- Motorcycle accident victims frequently suffer catastrophic injuries, which can make settlement negotiations or lawsuits more complicated because compensation may need to include future anticipated losses.
- More compensation is often on the line in these cases because motorcycle riders tend to sustain severe injuries. At-fault parties or insurers will likely fight to reduce their liability and settlement payment.
- At-fault drivers and insurers often try to avoid liability in motorcycle accident cases by relying on stereotypes about motorcyclists being reckless or dangerous to try to pin the blame on them. As a result, these cases often require additional evidence to prove that the other party is to blame for the accident.
Why Choose Our Firm to Handle Your Case?
In deciding who to choose to handle your case, you should focus on selecting a firm whose experience demonstrates its skill in recovering maximum compensation for victims of catastrophic injuries. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe we stand out from other personal injury firms because:
- We have a long track record of securing positive outcomes for our clients and have recovered more than half a billion dollars of compensation for our clients.
- We have over 40 years of experience in catastrophic injury cases, including some that have led to changes in the law that better protect the rights of accident victims.
- Our attorneys have substantial courtroom and litigation experience and are backed by industry-leading experts in their respective fields.
- Many attorneys throughout NYC and New York State turn to our firm for help with their most difficult catastrophic injury cases.
- Our full-services firm takes care of preparing and pursuing your legal case so you can focus on your recovery.
Proving Fault After a Motorcycle Accident in NYC
Proving that the other driver was responsible for causing the motorcycle accident can often become a complex task. Drivers may try to argue that a motorcycle operator was riding recklessly or speeding in the moments leading up to a crash. This makes it especially important to collect all available evidence from an accident to firmly prove the other driver’s fault.
Evidence that our NYC motorcycle accident attorneys frequently use in motorcycle accident claims includes:
- Accident scene photos and videos, including those of vehicle damage or skid marks on the road
- Dashcam or helmet cam footage
- Surveillance or traffic camera footage
- Witness statements
- Vehicle data recorder logs, if available
- Cell phone logs of the motorists involved in the accident
- Police accident reports
- Post-accident vehicle inspection reports
- Expert accident reconstruction reports
Seeking Full Compensation for a Motorcycle Accident in NYC
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we work tirelessly to seek full compensation for the injuries and losses you suffer because of a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Motorcycle accident compensation in your case can provide you with financial recovery for:
- Expenses for medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Costs of long-term care needed for permanent disabilities that result from your injuries
- Lost wages or future earning capacity and employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Visible disfigurement and scarring
- Reduced life expectancy from injuries and disabilities
- Repair bills or replacement costs if your motorcycle was damaged in the accident