Window Washing Lawyers In NYC
While working from a variety of heights, window washers in New York City face serious hazards that can lead to catastrophic injuries and even death. The aftermath can leave injured individuals with physical disabilities, emotional trauma, and financial stress.
If you suffered injuries in a window washing accident in New York City, you need an experienced attorney on your side who can fight for the compensation you deserve. The window washing accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., have decades of experience advocating for injured workers in New York. We have recovered over half a billion dollars for clients in settlements and verdicts.
Our dedicated legal team stands ready to fight for maximum compensation for your injuries and related losses. Call us today or contact us online for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you.
The Importance of Legal Representation After a Window Washing Accident
After suffering an injury in a window washing accident, speaking with our knowledgeable lawyers should be your first call after you get medical treatment. Trying to handle a complex injury claim on your own can jeopardize your rights to compensation.
Our attorneys know how to build a strong case by:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident that injured you
- Consulting medical experts to assess your injuries
- Calculating and documenting your financial losses
- Identifying all liable parties
- Navigating New York’s complex legal system
- Negotiating aggressively with insurance carriers
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
The experienced attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., are relentless in our pursuit of justice for injured New Yorkers. Let us handle your legal challenges so you can focus on your recovery.
How New York Labor Law Protects Window Washers
New York has stringent safety laws to protect window washers and other construction workers from on-the-job accidents.
According to Section 202 of the New York Labor Law, the building manager, the lessee, or other agents must provide stable devices and equipment for the washers to clean the windows. They must also comply with building requirements, including having appropriate anchors for window washing. Section 202 requires the building manager, lessee, or agents to repair any defective parts or equipment.
Furthermore, section 240 (also known as the “scaffold law”) places responsibility for worker safety squarely on the property owner and general contractor. For example, if a window washer fell due to faulty equipment, the building owner and contractor can be held liable regardless of who supplied the equipment. The law prohibits them from avoiding responsibility by claiming the window washer or their employer was negligent.
Common Causes of Window Washing Accidents in NYC
Some of the most common causes of NYC window-washing accidents include:
- Defective harnesses, cables, anchors, and rigging
- Failure to properly secure safety lines
- Lack of guardrails around work areas
- Inadequate scaffolding and roof protection
- Failure to close sidewalks and streets below
- Insufficient training on equipment and procedures
Types of Injuries from NYC Window Washing Accidents
Depending on the circumstances, window-washing accidents can lead to:
Our attorneys have succeeded in recovering compensation for serious injuries in prior cases. We are ready to thoroughly investigate your accident to build the strongest possible claim.
Recovering Compensation After a Window Washing Accident
If you suffered injuries in a preventable window washing accident in NYC, you have the right to hold the responsible parties fully accountable. With an experienced attorney on your side, you can pursue compensation for losses such as:
- Medical expenses, both current and future
- Lost income during recovery
- Reduced earning capacity if the accident results in disability
- Pain and suffering
- Other related losses
Our experienced lawyers can aggressively negotiate to maximize your settlement. If the insurer refuses to offer you a settlement covering your accident-related costs and losses, we will be prepared to take your case to trial.
Preventing Window Washing Accidents
Some ways to help prevent window washing accidents in New York City include:
- Proper training and education for window washers on equipment usage, safety procedures, and hazard identification
- Regular inspection and maintenance of all harnesses, cables, anchor points, and other equipment
- Rigorous compliance with all applicable OSHA regulations and industry safety standards
- Installation of adequate guardrails and tie-off points
- Closure of sidewalks, streets, and other areas below aerial work
- Strict supervision of worksites to identify and control hazards
By holding property owners and contractors accountable and advocating for better safety regulations, our attorneys aim not only to compensate accident victims, but also to help prevent future tragedies.
Injured in a Window Washing Accident in New York City? Call Us
If you or a loved one has suffered life-altering injuries in a New York City window washing accident, you need robust legal representation to fight for the compensation you deserve. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., offers:
- Over 40 years of dedicated experience – Our firm has an unparalleled track record of handling New York construction accident cases. We know how to maximize claims under NY Labor Law.
- Experienced trial lawyers – Insurance companies know we are fearless in taking a case to trial if needed to fight for our clients. This willingness to litigate gives us leverage in negotiations.
- A record of success – We have recovered over half a billion dollars for injured workers and accident victims throughout New York.
- Compassion for our clients – We understand what a challenging time this is for you, which is why we treat every client like family. Your well-being will be our priority.
- Contingency-based fees – You pay us nothing until we win your case.
We want to help you understand your legal options after a window washing accident and fight relentlessly for the maximum compensation possible for you. Call us today or contact us online to learn more about your legal options during a free claim review.