Construction Accident $15,208,168**
Construction Worker Fell from a Ladder: Jury Verdict.
Construction Accident $12,000,000
Union driver was injured in a fall off of a ladder that was attached to a truck container.
Construction Accident $11,899,469***
Union Worker Fell from a Scaffold
Construction Accident $10,000,000
Laborer fell from a suspended scaffold. Case settled after jury verdict for $10,000,000.
Construction Accident $9,900,000
Settlement for Union laborer who fell from a rolling scaffold.
Construction Accident $9,825,000
Construction worker/laborer fell from the scaffold, jury verdict.
Construction Accident $9,359,622
Jury verdict for mason worker who fell two floors from the side of a building.
Construction Accident $6,000,000
Union crane operator injured on the job.
Construction Accident $5,750,000
Construction Accident $5,300,000
Nail Gun Accidents
Injured in a Workplace / Construction Accident?
Pneumatic nailers and their many iterations have revolutionized how workers in construction and other industries perform their jobs.
Although they’re a much more convenient and efficient way of joining, repairing, and building than the traditional hammer and nail, nail guns are much more dangerous. In fact, the U.S. CDC reports nail guns and nailers account for as many as 40,000 ER visits each year.
Fighting for Victims & Families
As a firm with a reputation for fighting on behalf of injured construction workers and laborers across NYC, The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. has experience handling cases involving nail gun injuries – all of which could and should have been prevented if not for the negligence of others.
If you or someone you love has suffered losses due to an accident involving any type of pneumatic, electric, or cordless nail gun, finishing nailer, brad nailer, or similar tool, our award-winning trial lawyers are available to review your case and discuss how we can help.
Our firm has been trusted by NYC natives and others injured in NY since 1983 because:
- We’re rated among the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News.
- We place a priority on personal attention, and treat clients like family.
- Our team has secured over half a billion dollars in compensation for clients.
- We’ve secured multi-million dollar results in construction accident cases.
Discuss your case and rights during a FREE consultation. Call (212) 577-9325.
Nailer & Nail Gun Injury Claims
Nail guns have become the preferred tool used by contractors and carpenters in both commercial and residential construction, and professional or consumer-grade nailers are used widely by many for various work assignments or projects around the home. Though they can make jobs “easier” in terms of effort, they also make them more dangerous when it comes to risks of accidents and injuries.
Whether corded or cordless, electric or pneumatic, nail guns are high-powered tools which discharge nails at high rates of speed. This puts workers at risk for serious injuries resulting from many different types of issues, including:
- Unexpected discharge or double fire (contact nail triggers)
- Nails that penetrate objects and puncture hands or fingers
- Kickback / ricochet (nail blow-out) that send nails or other objects into the air
- Missed target / unintended discharge toward or near a person
- Unintentionally hitting the safety contract
- Failure to use safety locks / abide by operating instructions
- Nail gun malfunction
- Electrical shock / electrocution
- Workplace safety violations
- Improperly maintained tools and equipment
Though used by many types of workers, nail guns are common in construction, particularly framing, sheathing, roofing, and other structural work performed by tradesmen and union members. These workers and others who use nailers face significant injury risks, CDC data shows:
- Over half of all injuries caused by nail guns involve hands or fingers. Roughly a quarter of those injuries cause serious damage to joints, bones, tendons, and nerves.
- Injuries to the lower extremities (i.e. thighs, knees, and feet) are the second most common nailer injuries.
- Nail guns can and sometimes do cause serious injuries, including paralysis / permanent disability, amputation, fractures, and brain injuries. In some cases, nail guns can cause fatal injuries.
Nail gun accident claims, like any other civil injury claim, require full and meticulous investigations. By evaluating all surrounding circumstances of an incident, our legal team helps victims and families explore the parties liable for their accident– whether it’s:
- Negligent third-party contractors;
- Property owners responsible for unsafe worksite conditions;
- Manufacturers of defective nail guns or equipment;
- Employers or other contractors who violate NY labor laws; or
- Other negligent parties.
Nail gun injuries can take you out of work, limit your ability to earn an income, and, in the most devastating cases, alter the lives of victims and families forever.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. knows the struggles injured workers and their families face after job-related injuries, and has leveraged extensive knowledge of the NY Labor Law, workplace and construction accidents, and many tools and equipment used on worksites to help clients fight for the results they need. That includes a recent appellate victory for a client electrically shocked while using a Hilti gun.
We know how to help clients explore their options for needed compensation – and are available 24/7 to help. Call (212) 577-9325 or contact us online to discuss your potential claim.
Contact our NYC lawyers to get the seasoned legal representation you need. We offer free case evaluations.