$15,208,168** $15.2 Million
Construction Worker Fell from a Ladder: Jury Verdict.
$12,000,000 $12 Million
Union driver was injured in a fall off of a ladder that was attached to a truck container.
$11,899,469*** $11.9 Million
Union Worker Fell from a Scaffold
$11,000,000 $11 Million
$10,000,000 $10 Million
Laborer fell from a suspended scaffold. Case settled after jury verdict for $10,000,000.
$9,900,000 $9.9 Million
Settlement for Union laborer who fell from a rolling scaffold.
$9,825,000 $9.8 Million
Construction worker/laborer fell from the scaffold, jury verdict.
$9,359,622 $9.4 Million
Jury verdict for mason worker who fell two floors from the side of a building.
$6,000,000 $6 Million
Union crane operator injured on the job.
$5,750,000 $5.8 Million
Cutting Blade & Saw Accidents
Construction Accident Attorneys Serving NYC
Cutting and sawing are integral components of construction – from the manufacture and supply of materials to how they’re used on worksites. Though workers are well-aware of the dangers posed by the cutting tools and machinery they use, even the most experienced and vigilant construction worker can suffer harm when using or being nearby dangerous bladed machines.
If you or someone you love has suffered harm and losses as a result of using any type of saw or bladed equipment, our New York City construction accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. can help you navigate the steps toward recovering the compensation you need. Whether your case must be resolved through an employer’s workers’ compensation insurance, or litigated by means of a civil injury lawsuit, we have the experience and resources to help.
Why Work With The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.?
- We Know Construction Accidents – Our firm handles more construction accident cases per year than many attorneys handle in their entire careers.
- Proven Record of Success – We’ve recovered over half a billion dollars in compensation for clients – including more than 50 settlements and verdicts of a million dollars or more in the last five years alone.
- Personalized Service – We make personal service a priority, and are available 24/7 to help clients navigate their legal journeys.
Discuss your potential claim and how our award-winning attorneys can help following any type of construction accident. Call (212) 577-9325 to speak with a lawyer.
Dangerous Equipment. Serious Injuries.
From hand tools for small jobs, reciprocating, jigsaw, and circular saws for demolition, custom fitting, and rip cuts, and job site table or miter saws to heavy and highly specialized machinery designed to cut certain materials or perform specific functions, bladed equipment is ever-present on construction sites. Unfortunately, these tools and machinery pose significant risks of accidents and injuries – to workers, contractors, and anyone who travels near or through constructions sites.
Though cases vary depending on the circumstances and types of machines involved, victims injured in blade and saw accidents can suffer serious injuries in various types of accidents. These include:
- Amputation injuries (hand and finger)
- Severe lacerations, disfigurement, and disability
- Eye injuries / loss of vision
- Burn injuries resulting from heated materials, sparks, and fires
- Traumatic brain injuries / stuck-by-object accidents
- Falling objects (cut materials, tools, saws, etc.)
- Electrical shock / electrocution
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
- Fatal injuries / wrongful death
Liability & Victims’ Rights
Because saws and bladed equipment can cause serious injuries and far-reaching consequences for victims and families, ensuring they’re properly made, maintained, and used is of the utmost importance. Should parties present on construction sites or others with legal duties to take reasonable safety measures fail to adequately address the dangers of bladed machinery and keep workers safe, it’s possible for construction workers injured on the job to file a personal injury lawsuit in addition to a workers’ compensation claim.
As civil claims which require evidence of fault and liability, personal injury suits demand the attention of experienced attorneys familiar with the complicated situations and insurance issues which accompany construction site accidents. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our team can help you understand your options for seeking needed compensation and fight for the financial recovery you deserve after all types of accidents, including those involving:
- Defective products, saws, and machinery
- Improperly maintained saws and equipment
- Missing / faulty protective equipment, safety guards, etc.
- New York Labor Law violations (employers, contractors, etc.)
- Property owner negligence (premises liability)
- Unsafe or unsecured worksites / failures to train or supervise
Whether your accident claim involves defectively designed or manufactured products, negligence, workplace violations, or non-compliance with the Labor Law, you can be confident about placing your trust in a firm that knows New York law, and how to secure the results injured construction workers need.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. has been fighting for injured victims throughout New York City and the state of New York since 1983, and is standing by to discuss your case, rights, and options. Our firm offers free and confidential consultations 24/7. Call (212) 577-9325 or contact us online to get started.
Examples of Cases We’ve Handled
- $1M Settlement for Carpenter Injured by Table Saw
- Alameda-Cabrera v. Noble Electrical Contracting. Liability won under Labor Law 241(6) for client seriously injured by miter saw without protective guard and vise clamp in violation of Industrial Code 12 NYCRR 23-1.12(c)(2) and 23-9.2(a). Case settlement: $1M.
Contact our NYC lawyers to get the seasoned legal representation you need. We offer free case evaluations.