Painting Accident Lawyer in NYC
New York City is one of the most dangerous cities for construction workers in the United States, and painters are particularly vulnerable to devastating accidents and severe injuries on the job.
If you’ve experienced an injury in a painting accident in NYC, you don’t have to navigate the physical, financial, and emotional challenges alone. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., is here to stand with you, offering support and guiding you through the process of pursuing compensation for your injuries and associated losses. Backed by over 40 years of legal expertise and a track record of impactful advocacy, our team of painting accident lawyers is well-versed in holding responsible parties, including major construction companies, developers, property owners, and others, accountable for jeopardizing the safety of workers.
Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today for a free consultation about a painting accident in New York City.
Why You Should Get Help from Our NYC Painting Accident Attorneys
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., has helped countless NYC construction accident victims and other injured people recover more than half a billion dollars in compensation for their injuries, earning our firm a reputation as tough negotiators and fearless litigators.
Our experienced painting accident attorneys aggressively pursue maximum compensation for our clients, and we know how to win. For example, our firm helped secure a $9.8 million jury verdict for two painters injured after a scaffolding collapsed underneath them. With this track record of success, The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., has earned top awards, including U.S. News’ Best Law Firms in America designation for over 10 years running.
Potential Hazards of Painting on Construction Sites in NYC
Painters on construction sites in New York City face various hazards while performing their work, posing risks to their health and safety. Here are some examples of potential hazards that NYC painters encounter:
- Falls from heights
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Falling objects
- Electrical hazards
- Flammable materials
- Blindness and hearing loss
- Repetitive motion injuries
Why Do Workers Fall When Painting?
Workers can fall when painting in New York City due to many reasons, some of which include:
- Improperly constructed scaffolding
- Ladder defects
- Unsafe surfaces
- Tripping hazards
- Lack of fall restraint system
New York Labor Law Protections for Painters
New York labor law contains several protections for painters and other construction workers to ensure their safety, fair treatment, and proper compensation after a work-related injury. Some of the key labor laws that apply to painters in New York include:
- Labor Law Section 200 – This law imposes a general duty on employers to provide a safe work environment for all employees, including painters. Employers must take reasonable and adequate precautions to prevent accidents and injuries on construction sites. Injured workers can sue their employer for failure to do so. To successfully secure compensation, the injured worker must show negligence by the employer.
- Labor Law Section 240 – Also known as the Scaffold Law, this law requires building owners and contractors to provide workers with proper protection for doing their work. Injured workers can sue the property owner or contractor if they sustain injuries in gravity-related accidents, such as falls from heights or scaffolding collapses. Injured workers need not demonstrate negligence by the contractor or property owner to hold them accountable for their injuries. Furthermore, the injured worker can sue even if the party did not directly supervise their work.
- Labor Law Section 241 – This law requires construction, demolition, and excavation-related employers to provide reasonable and adequate protection and safety for their workers in compliance with detailed safety standards in the New York State Industrial Code. Injured workers can sue employers under this law for various accidents, including slips, trips, falls, electrical shocks, heavy machinery accidents, and more. As under Section 240, an injured worker does not have to prove that the employer directly supervised their work.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Painting Accident on a Construction Site?
In New York, liability for a painting accident on a construction site can extend to various parties depending on the circumstances and cause of the accident. Potentially liable parties include:
- Property owner – An injured worker can hold a property owner liable if inadequate safety conditions caused the accident. For most construction site accidents, New York labor laws impose strict liability on the property owner, meaning they can be held responsible irrespective of other contributing factors, such as negligence.
- General contractor – If the accident resulted from the general contractor’s failure to implement proper safety measures or provide adequate supervision, they may be liable for resulting injuries.
- Subcontractor – If a subcontractor’s negligence contributed to the accident, they may also share liability.
- Third parties – If a third party not employed by the painter’s employer contributed to the accident, such as a delivery driver causing a collision, they may be liable.
What Types of Compensation Can an Injured Painter Receive in New York?
An injured painter in NYC may seek various types of compensation through a personal injury claim under New York Labor Laws or based on third-party negligence, depending on the circumstances of the accident, including the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Permanent disability
In some cases, painters may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, which typically cover medical expenses and a portion of lost wages. Workers’ compensation benefits are available to covered employees regardless of fault.
How Our NYC Construction Accident Lawyers Help Injured Painters
Our NYC construction accident lawyers can help injured painters in various ways, including:
- Providing legal advice and guidance throughout the complex legal process
- Thoroughly investigating and gathering evidence about the accident to support the injured painter’s claim
- Calculating the full extent of the injured painter’s economic and non-economic losses
- Identifying which parties may bear responsibility for the accident
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim, if applicable
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit against a property owner or contractor that failed to provide adequate safety protections
- Negotiating aggressively with insurance companies
- Representing an injured painter at trial if necessary to secure maximum compensation
- Protecting injured painters against retaliation from their employer
Contact Our Painting Injury Attorneys Serving New York for Help
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe injured painters deserve strong legal representation and the opportunity to seek maximum compensation after a devastating injury. With an unwavering commitment to injured workers’ rights, our painting injury attorneys understand how to apply New York labor laws to hold construction site owners, contractors, and other responsible parties accountable.
Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. today for a free consultation with a painting accident lawyer in NYC.