Queens Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you seriously injured in a construction accident, motor vehicle crash, slip and fall, or another catastrophic incident? You need to talk to a Queens personal injury attorney right away. You could be entitled to significant compensation to help you heal and protect your future.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our NYC personal injury attorneys have been standing up for the rights of injured people for more than four decades. Our highly respected, award-winning team provides exceptional, effective representation to individuals who have suffered debilitating injuries due to another’s carelessness.
Our proven attorneys have secured more than half a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We are proud our work has been recognized by our peers and prestigious legal organizations such as The Best Lawyers in America® and Super Lawyers®.
Put our law firm to work for you, too. We’ll immediately get started on your case and demand full and fair compensation for your losses. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Queens personal injury lawyer.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Personal Injury Claim?
A sudden injury is not always grounds for a personal injury claim. If you wish to seek compensation for your injuries, you must prove negligence. The evidence must show that:
- Another party had a duty to avoid harming you – This could be a motorist who should have been following the rules of the road, a property owner responsible for keeping their premises safe, or a contractor who should provide proper safety protections to the workers on a construction site.
- The other party neglected their responsibility in some way – You must demonstrate that the other party was negligent or violated the law in some way. For instance, you could show that a driver failed to yield the proper right of way, a property owner failed to warn visitors of potential hazards, or a contractor or site owner failed to comply with the safety laws for construction sites.
- You sustained injuries due to their negligence – It is not enough to prove that you were injured and another party was negligent. You must also link the other party’s negligence to your injuries.
- You suffered measurable losses as a result of your injuries – Finally, you must show your injuries resulted in personal and financial losses. Compensation can include money for medical bills, lost wages, lost earning capacity, lost quality of life, and more.
Why Trust Your Case to Our Queens Personal Injury Attorneys?
A severe injury can be life-changing, so it’s essential to entrust your case to a law firm with the experience and resources needed to protect your rights and future. When you hire The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., you can rest assured your case is in good hands.
- Our team has over 40 years of experience serving injury victims in Queens and throughout NYC.
- We have a proven record of securing positive case results, with more than half a billion dollars recovered for our clients.
- Our cases have helped shape laws in favor of accident victims.
- Our peers refer some of their most complex catastrophic injury cases to our firm.
- We have extensive knowledge of local laws and can hire the best experts to help support your case.
- Our law firm handles some of the toughest cases, so we may be able to help you no even if your situation is complicated.
- We prioritize customer service above all else, so you can count on us to keep you in the loop and address your needs every step of the way.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our personal injury attorneys in Queens handle a wide range of complex cases for New York City clients, including:
- Construction accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
Types of Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
In a successful personal injury claim, the money you recover for your losses is known as damages. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to damages for:
- Medical bills – The costs of any medical care you require for your injuries, such as the ambulance ride, hospitalizations, doctor’s visits, surgeries, prescription medications, and durable medical equipment
- Incidental costs – Any out-of-pocket expenses you incur, like the cost of traveling to and from medical appointments
- Lost wages – The value of any past and future lost income and benefits due to being unable to work
- Future costs – The estimated value of future expenses, such as anticipated medical treatment
- Pain and suffering – The intangible cost of the physical pain, psychological anguish, and emotional suffering you endure as a result of your injuries
NY Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims
If you believe you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit after an accident in Queens, you need to act fast. New York law imposes strict time limits on your ability to take legal action. These deadlines are called statutes of limitations.
When it comes to personal injury lawsuits for negligence in New York against private people or companies, the statute of limitations generally gives you three years from the date of the injury to file a claim. If you fail to file within this period, the court will likely dismiss your case, and you will lose your right to compensation. There are also much shorter deadlines for other types of cases and those brought against municipal entities such as cities and city agencies.
It may seem like you have plenty of time after an accident to bring a claim or lawsuit, but when you factor in how long it takes to build a case and file a lawsuit in court, that time can fly. That’s why it’s important to seek help from a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. You want to give your legal team time to collect evidence before it is lost, erased, or altered.
How Our Queens Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help With Your Case
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. provides comprehensive legal services to New Yorkers. We will:
- Explain your rights and provide dependable legal advice
- Conduct an independent investigation of your case to gather evidence and determine liability
- Prepare all documents for your claim
- Represent you at your deposition and take effective and, if necessary, aggressive depositions of the other witnesses
- Work with top-tier experts, such as medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists, to gather valuable proof and testimony for your claim
- Keep track of important deadlines
- Communicate with insurance companies, attorneys, and other parties on your behalf
- Negotiate aggressively for maximum compensation for you
- Represent you at trial, if that’s what it takes to recover the money you deserve
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident
It’s common to feel disoriented and unsure of your next move after an accident. But you can take several steps to help establish a strong foundation for your case. You should:
- Seek prompt medical care to ensure your injuries are correctly diagnosed, treated, and added to your medical record.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan and attend all follow-up appointments to maximize your recovery and demonstrate you are taking your health seriously.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, such as photographs, official accident reports, and witness statements.
- Keep all accident-related documents, such as medical bills, doctor’s notes, pay stubs, bank records, and insurance company communications.
- Watch what you say to others about the accident.
- Stay off social media while your injury claim is pending.
- Contact an experienced Queens personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury leaves victims with long-term or lifelong complications. Sadly, these injuries happen far too often in Queens. Common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Blindness or visual impairment
- Hearing loss
- Facial injuries
- Eye injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ damage
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Our attorneys understand how a catastrophic injury can wreak havoc on your life and livelihood. When we represent you, you can rest assured you have aggressive trial lawyers pushing for maximum compensation for you.
Our Queens Personal Injury Attorneys Have a Record of Real Results
The Queens personal injury lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. have a strong history of obtaining favorable case results. Here are examples of some of the top-dollar outcomes we recovered for our clients over the past 40 years:
- $40,000,000 – Structured settlement for a child who suffered permanent brain damage
- $15,208,168 – Verdict for a union worker severely injured after falling from a ladder
- $12,000,000 – Settlement on behalf of a union driver who fell from a ladder attached to a truck container
- $11,899,469 – Union worker fell from a scaffold
- $10,000,000 – Post-verdict settlement for a worker who fell from a suspended scaffold
- $9,359,622 – Mason worker fell two floors through an open floor
- $5,461,000 – Jury verdict for a truck accident victim
When your life is in crisis, you need an advocate to relieve the pressure and take a no-nonsense approach to your personal injury case. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. has a track record and reputation for getting the job done.
Reach out to us today for a free consultation.