New York Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial truck accidents can have devastating consequences, especially when they involve smaller vehicles or pedestrians. In a city with as much traffic as New York City, large trucks pose a serious risk if the truck driver or trucking company is negligent in any way. Turn to an NYC truck accident lawyer at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for guidance if you have been hurt in a collision with a large truck. Our attorneys will help you understand your legal options. We will put our experience to work on your behalf.
For more than four decades, the attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., have fought on behalf of injured people in New York. When New Yorkers have had their lives disrupted by a serious injury caused by someone else’s negligence, we seek the just compensation our clients need to move forward with their lives. Our attorneys have successfully handled more cases in their time at our law firm than many personal injury attorneys handle in their entire careers.
If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident in New York City, reach out to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today for a free case review. An experienced NYC truck accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and what to expect throughout the process of pursuing a truck accident claim.
What Makes Truck Accident Claims More Complicated?
People injured in an automobile accident in NYC may turn to their own Personal Injury Protection policy for coverage of their medical expenses and lost income and resolve the claim. But accidents involving large trucks often cause more serious injuries and medical expenses that may exceed the limits of the PIP insurance benefits. A person injured in a commercial truck accident may need to file a claim against the truck driver’s liability insurance.But Commercial truck accident claims often produce complex issues of liability.
They are more complicated than other motor vehicle accident claims to resolve for several reasons:
- Truck accidents may have more than one liable party. Multiple companies are involved in operating commercial trucks, including trucking companies, cargo loading companies, and fleet maintenance garages.
- Truck accident victims tend to suffer more serious injuries and have higher medical bills. Semi-truck accident cases are higher-value cases.
- Commercial truck drivers and trucking companies are required to maintain higher amounts of liability insurance because of the harm that large trucks can cause. More money is often at stake, and insurance companies will fight hard to limit their liability.
- Truck accident cases can involve more pieces of evidence due to the regulated nature of the trucking industry. Trucking companies are required to keep extensive records.
- Trucking companies can have layered insurance policies or complex corporate structures that make it harder to determine what kind of financial resources may be available to provide compensation to the victims of a truck crash.
If you have been seriously injured in a truck accident, you will need the representation of personal injury lawyers who have extensive experience investigating truck accidents and dealing with their insurance providers.
Why Choose Our Firm to Handle Your Case?
If you have been injured in a collision with a big rig, you may understand that an experienced semi-truck accident attorney will give you the best chance of pursuing maximum compensation for your injuries and losses. But you may be uncertain about how to select a truck accident law firm.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe that our strong record of handling complex personal injury cases underscores our law firm’s experience and qualifications to handle your 18-wheeler accident case.
Choose our firm because of:
- Our record includes the recovery of more than a half-billion dollars on behalf of the clients our firm has represented. No specific outcome can be guaranteed, but legal experience matters.
- Our firm’s 40-plus years of legal experience, which includes participation in landmark cases that have made significant changes to New York law to benefit accident victims.
- Our attorneys’ courtroom experience when litigation is necessary to serve our clients’ best interests.
- Our reputation among our legal peers as demonstrated by the fact that many attorneys turn to us for help with complex cases.
- Our full-service approach to assisting our clients allows you to focus on your recovery while we seek to secure the maximum compensation possible in your case.