$675,000 $675 Thousand
$2,700,000 $2.7 Million
$15,208,168** $15.2 Million
Construction Worker Fell from a Ladder: Jury Verdict.
$12,000,000 $12 Million
Union driver was injured in a fall off of a ladder that was attached to a truck container.
$11,899,469*** $11.9 Million
Union Worker Fell from a Scaffold
$11,000,000 $11 Million
$10,000,000 $10 Million
Laborer fell from a suspended scaffold. Case settled after jury verdict for $10,000,000.
$9,900,000 $9.9 Million
Settlement for Union laborer who fell from a rolling scaffold.
$9,825,000 $9.8 Million
Construction worker/laborer fell from the scaffold, jury verdict.
$9,359,622 $9.4 Million
Jury verdict for mason worker who fell two floors from the side of a building.
Eye Injuries on Construction Sites
Call For a Free Case Evaluation: (212) 577-9325
Injuries affecting the eyes can have devastating consequences for victims and their families. While anyone may be susceptible to eye injuries, workers in the construction industry face some of the greatest risks for painful and even permanent eye damage – whether it’s due to foreign materials or blunt force trauma, repetitive stress or exposure, or infectious disease.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our attorneys have become known for protecting the rights and futures of injured construction workers. If you or a construction worker in your family have sustained an injury to one or both eyes as a result of performing work-related duties, our team is available to help you explore your options for recovering needed compensation.
Why Choose The Perecman Firm?
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. has become one of New York’s most highly trusted construction accident firms under the leadership of David Perecman – a respected trial attorney whose insight has become invaluable to victims, fellow attorneys, and construction industry safety advocates.
Mr. Perecman and our team are continually trusted by tradesmen, union members, and other construction workers across NYC and the state for a number of reasons, including:
- Proven Record: We’ve recovered over 50 verdicts and settlements of a million dollars or more for our clients in the last five years alone.
- Influential Cases: Our work has helped expand construction workers’ rights and shape New York Labor Law;
- Experience & Background: Our team includes top trial lawyers, construction site safety experts and engineers, and former police officers working as investigators.
- Nationally Recognized: We’re rated among U.S. News’ “Best Law Firms”
Construction Eye & Vision Injuries
The U.S. CDC reports that eye injuries are some of the most devastating physical injuries among American workers. They’re also incredibly common, causing more than 10,600 workers to miss work each year, and over 2,000 workers to seek medical treatment for job-related injuries affecting one or both eyes.
Workers who pursue personal injury or workers’ compensation claims concerning eye injuries or vision loss may do so over many different causes, some of which may involve:
- Foreign objects in the eye (i.e. wood chips, cement, pieces of nails and screws, metal fragments, and other worksite debris);
- Repetitive or prolonged exposure to sun / UV radiation;
- Exposure to harmful or toxic substances;
- Infectious / occupational disease
- Blunt force trauma from worksite auto accidents or falling objects,
- Worksite trip and fall accidents or falls from heights;
- Defective or improperly used or maintained machinery, equipment, or tools;
- Lack of proper eye protection / failure to provide PPE / faulty safety equipment;
- Concussions / work-related brain injuries;
- Welding accidents
- Sparks / explosions or fires
Eye injuries have the potential to not only cause significant pain and suffering, but also partial or total vision loss, visual disturbances, and issues with depth perception, field of vision, and other visual abilities crucial to construction work. As a result, it is not uncommon for eye injuries to inhibit workers from quickly returning to work, performing the same type of work they once did, or maintaining any gainful employment whatsoever.
Injured Workers’ Rights
Because every construction accident case is different, whether you have a potential claim (and how much that claim is worth) will be dependent on the unique circumstances surrounding your accident and injury. For example, workers who suffer eye injuries may have the right to seek financial compensation for their losses by pursuing:
- Workers’ compensation claims (even if they caused their own injuries);
- Civil personal injury lawsuits (which can provide more compensation than workers’ comp);
- Claims against negligent contractors and / or employers that violate NY Labor Laws;
- Product liability claims against manufactures, distributors, or retailers of defective products or toxic substances;
- Premises liability claims against negligent building or property owners.
Backed by a team that leverages decades of experience in a range of construction and workplace injury cases, our firm is able to help workers and families explore their available options following work-related accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
For those with valid claims, we focus on conducting detailed investigations, gathering relevant evidence, and tapping into our resources and professional connections with industry experts to build the strongest possible claims, and pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Have Questions? We Have Answers.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. proudly serves workers from all fields of the construction industry throughout New York City and the state of New York. We’re available 24/7 to take your call, and encourage workers and families to speak personally with a member of our team about their rights and options as soon as possible after injuries or illnesses arise.