We Take a Stand for Injured Construction Workers
Were You Involved in A New York Crane Accident?
Put 40+ Years of Experience on Your Side
According to the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), there are approximately 125,000 cranes operating throughout construction zones in the United States. There are thousands more operating in maritime and general industries.
While cranes help workers perform essential tasks, they are also very dangerous to operate and can result in accidents can be deadly and lead to permanently disabling injuries in both workers and pedestrians nearby.
Need a professional to review your case?
Fill out a free case evaluation today.
Why The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. Is Right for Your Case
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our experienced New York City construction accident lawyers have extensive experience helping clients in similar situations. We are here to provide you with legal advice and assist you in obtaining benefits or compensation.
Our firm has been advocating for injury victims since 1983, giving us an impressive 40+ years of insight and experience. Over the years, we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for injured construction workers and can put our background and qualifications to work for your case.
Causes of Crane Accidents in New York City
Some of the leading causes of crane accidents include:
- Cranes running into energized power lines
- Overturned cranes
- Loads dropping from cranes
- Boom collapses
- Crushing by the counterweight
- Damage from the hook-lifting device
- Falls from cranes
- Rigging failures or outrigger use issues
While compliance with OSHA safety standards can help reduce the risk of these injuries occurring, the sad fact is that workers in the construction industry will always face the risk of injury due to the inherently dangerous equipment.
What to Do After Your Crane Accident
When you or a loved one is injured in a crane accident, you may be entitled to benefits or financial recovery. Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, you may be eligible to pursue additional legal action.
You have two options for pursuing compensation after your accident:
- File a workers’ compensation claim. As a covered worker, workers’ compensation will be provided for any on-the-job injury you may suffer, regardless of whether a mistake or negligence was involved. These claims can include payment of medical bills, limited compensation for lost wages, and disability benefits when necessary. Workers’ comp death benefits may be provided if a worker was killed in the accident.
- File a personal injury or wrongful death claim. While you can’t file an injury or wrongful death lawsuit against an employer (workers’ compensation is an exclusive remedy), you can pursue legal action against any third party that was responsible. This may include the manufacturer of the crane or similar parties.
Get Help from Our Highly Respected Firm
A crane accident can change your life and have a devastating impact on your health and finances. You owe it to yourself to get the full benefits and compensation that you deserve for your injuries or the loss of your loved one. If you are ready to discuss your case, do not hesitate to reach out to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. for counsel. Our New York City crane accident attorneys can help you pursue a valid claim and recover the maximum amount of compensation possible in your case.
Schedule a free consultation by calling (212) 577-9325 today.