New York City Workers' Compensation Claim Attorney
Get 40+ Years’ Legal Experience & Insight Behind Your Case
We Take a Stand for Injured Workers in New York
Being injured at work can leave you with extensive medical bills and a reduced ability to work, if at all.
In New York, there are laws in place to make sure you are able to pay these bills, recover lost wages, and obtain disability benefits. However, many employers and insurance companies still fail to offer these necessary benefits.
If you or a loved one was injured at work, turn to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for counsel and support. Our NYC workers’ compensation lawyers have helped many injured workers claim the monetary damages and benefits they deserve for an on-the-job injury.
Why Choose The Perecman Firm For Your Workers’ Compensation Lawsuit
How Our Worker’s Comp Attorneys Can Help You:
- Determine eligibility for workers’ compensation in New York
- Discuss common types of work-related injuries and accidents
- Go over the types of benefits available through workers’ compensation
- Establish all avenues for pursuing additional compensation
- Provide assistance on how to file a workers’ compensation claim in New York
- Aid in how to handle a workers’ comp claim denial
- Answer all workers’ compensation questions (FAQ)
Workplace Injuries & Compensation Laws
In New York, workers’ compensation laws are in place to ensure that every employee who suffers an injury during the course of their work receives benefits to cover their losses. Some people refer to the system as “workers’ comp” or “workman’s comp.”
In order to make a claim under these laws, the injuries must have occurred:
- While on a job site
- While off-site but while performing work-related duties
- As a result of work-related tasks or operations
- As a result of exposure to toxins or chemicals through the course of work
When considering an application for workers’ compensation, negligence is not used as a determining factor. That means mistakes made by your employer or a failure to follow OSHA regulations will not be taken into consideration. Likewise, it doesn’t matter if you made a mistake and were injured as a result. You will still be able to apply for compensation.
The law offers broad protection to workers who have suffered workplace injuries and is designed to ensure no worker is left without compensation to pay their bills and expenses.