Car Accident Lawyer in NYC
Have you been hurt in a car crash in New York City? If so, you should prioritize finding an experienced NYC car accident lawyer right away. You could be owed significant compensation if someone else’s negligence caused your crash, however, getting the money you’re entitled to is not always simple or straightforward. You will likely have to deal with aggressive insurance companies that are looking to protect their bottom line by denying, delaying, or underpaying your car accident injury claim.
You deserve experienced legal representation to level the playing field and help you pursue the compensation you deserve for medical treatment and lost wages. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., will provide the legal advocacy that will make a difference in your case. For over four decades, our attorneys have helped thousands of people rebuild their lives after devastating car crashes.
When you turn to us for help after an auto accident, you can expect to be represented by an attorney with a proven track record of success at the negotiating table and in the courtroom. The members of our firm have been recognized for the results they have obtained by some of the most prestigious groups and publications in the nation, including Super Lawyers®, Best Lawyers in America®, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
You shouldn’t have to bear the physical and financial consequences of a wreck you didn’t cause. If you have been injured in a car wreck in New York City, reach out to a car crash attorney in NYC from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today. You’ll get a free initial case evaluation to discuss your legal options for obtaining fair and just compensation for the injuries you suffered in a car accident.
Why Trust Us to Handle Your Car Accident Case?
Why trust the New York City car accident attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., to fight to secure a maximum financial recovery on your behalf? We believe that our firm stands out in NYC for several important reasons, including:
- A proven track record of success in accident injury cases, with more than half a billion dollars recovered in compensation for our clients.
- Successful results on groundbreaking cases, many of which have resulted in improved laws and protections for injured accident victims.
- Decades of trial experience and extensive resources, including highly respected experts in various fields.
- A trusted and respected reputation in the legal community, leading to many firms referring their toughest cases to our team
- A personal approach to our work on your case, where our clients are our top priority. Let us pursue financial compensation for you while you focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Proven Results: Our Motor Vehicle Accident Settlements and Verdicts
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., has recovered over half a billion dollars for clients across NYC and the State of New York, and hundreds of millions in compensation for victims of auto accidents. Some examples of our results include:
- $5.4 million jury verdict for a woman who sustained serious injuries when her vehicle was struck by another vehicle and a jackknifed truck
- $2.8 million settlement for a passenger in a van that suffered a back sprain when his car was struck by oncoming traffic
- $1.8 million recovery for a client injured after rear-ending another vehicle
- $1.5 million verdict for a woman injured by a commercial tractor-trailer
- $1.25 million settlement for a passenger who suffered spine injuries in a car accident
How Long Do You Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in New York?
Under New York’s statute of limitations, you have limited time to file a motor vehicle accident against the party responsible for the crash and your injuries. Typically, a lawsuit must be filed within three years from the date of a car wreck if the owner of the vehicle or the driver were private individuals and/or companies. The timeframe is significantly shorter if the owner and/or operator are public authorities, municipalities, or the State.
A New York City car accident lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., can review your case and help you understand how long you may have to file suit on your claim. Don’t wait and file your accident claim after the limitations period has expired on your claim. If you do, the suit will likely end up being permanently dismissed, and you may lose your right to hold the at-fault party accountable in court.
Stay Alert at These Busy New York City Roads and Intersections
According to the New York City Police Department, traffic accidents happen around the city at all times and days; an alarming 300 crashes are estimated per day! When driving through the different boroughs keep in mind the following intersections and roads. These streets are frequent sites of accidents in New York City:
- Atlantic Avenue (Brooklyn)
- The intersection of Willoughby Street and Lawrence Street (Brooklyn)
- The intersection of Kingston Avenue and Sterling Place (Brooklyn)
- The intersection of Flatbush Avenue and Tillary Street (Brooklyn)
- The intersection of 2nd Avenue and East 59th Street (Manhattan)
- The intersection of Rivington Street and Clinton Street (Manhattan)
- 8th Avenue (Manhattan)
Our experienced car accident attorneys have researched other dangerous locations throughout New York here.