Electrocution Injury Attorney in New York City
Were You Injured in an Electrocution Accident on a Construction Site?
Did You Suffer Injuries From an Electrocution Accident?
Representing Injured Construction Workers for Over 40 Years
Electrocution hazards are always serious, but they are especially dangerous in construction areas and work sites due to the abundance of machinery and wiring. While they aren’t the most common type of injury construction workers suffer while working, they can cause some of the most devastating injuries, and could even be fatal depending on the source of electricity.
No matter the cause, if your injuries were the result of someone else’s reckless or negligent actions you may be able to file a lawsuit in order to secure the compensation you need to cover any medical bills or damages you may have incurred.
Fill out our online form today to schedule a free case evaluation.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is highly experienced and qualified to take on construction accidents involving electrocution. We understand how dangerous construction sites can be, especially when high amounts of voltages, wires, and other sources of electricity are involved.
If you or your loved one’s electrocution accident was caused by negligence or statutory violations, our New York City construction attorneys are prepared to help.
The Four Main Types Of Electrocution Injuries
Experts have broken electrocution injuries down into four main categories by the source of the charge:
- Lightning Injuries: The majority of damage in these types of injuries will likely be surface-level or external, and they’re caused by low duration, high voltage charges, like in a lightning strike.
- Flash Injuries: This type of injury only affects the skin of the victim, and doesn’t cause damage to any deeper layers.
- Flame Injuries: If the electric charge causes the clothing or material in contact with the victim to catch fire, it could cause this type of injury.
- True Electrical Injuries: If the victim becomes part of the electrical circuit, where the electricity can flow from one side of their body and out through another, they could suffer this type of injury.
Common Injuries Caused By Electrocution
- Skin burns
- Tingling or numbness
- Broken bones
- Issues swallowing, seeing and/or hearing
- Muscle pain and spasms
- Trouble breathing or lung failure
- Heart Attack
- Irregular or stopped heartbeat
Common Causes of Electrocution Injuries
Any intense electrical charge could result in serious injury, though the most common sources include:
- Exposure on a worksite
- Faulty machinery
- High-voltage power lines
- Contact with exposed wiring
- Faulty appliances
- Small children sticking metal objects into sockets or biting down on electrical cords
Discuss your case with a member of our firm today by giving us a call at (212) 577-9325.
Contact our NYC construction accident lawyers to get the seasoned legal representation you need. We offer free case evaluations.