After many years as senior partner in his own firm and the litigation manager of a highly respected general negligence practice, Mr. Hurwitz joined The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., in June of 2009, bringing with him not only a solid understanding of the strategies necessary to successfully prosecute high profile and catastrophic injury cases, but a deep sense of commitment and empathy toward his clients.
Since his arrival, Mr. Hurwitz has been able to apply a rare combination of courtroom savvy and personal attention to the firm’s clients, succeeding not only in the courtroom but in providing a particularly caring outlet to the most seriously injured of the firm’s clients.
Over the years, Mr. Hurwitz has obtained millions of dollars for his clients in settlements and verdicts in cases ranging from construction accidents, defective products, improper highway design, and truck accidents, among others.
Mr. Hurwitz’s impact with the firm was immediate: In the first several months he was able to secure:
- A $4,000,000 settlement for a union laborer who sustained back injuries from a fall from a defective scaffold;
- A $3,650,000 settlement for a union ironworker who sustained head injuries after being struck by falling debris in an elevator shaft;
- A $3,250,000 settlement for a carpenter who sustained injuries to his hand from a defective table saw;
- A $2,100,000 settlement for a carpenter who sustained back injuries from a fall from a ladder; and
- A $2,000,000 settlement for a union carpenter who sustained an elbow injury from a fall from a ladder;
In addition to handling his own caseload, Mr. Hurwitz assists Mr. Perecman in the preparation of the firm’s catastrophic injury trials, providing an additional level of expertise and attention to both case and client.
Mr. Hurwitz has lectured for the New York State Bar Association at its full-day seminars in Basic Trial Practice and, in the fall of 2007, served as its chair in the association’s program on Practical Skills: Civil Practice – The Trial.
He currently resides in Rockville Centre, New York along with his wife Susie and their three children: Andie, Brian, and Sean.
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1990
- NYSBA Seminar Chairperson on Practical Skills: Civil, New York State Bar Association, 2007
- NYSBA Seminar Speaker at on Practical Skills: Basic, New York State Bar Association, 2005
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1995 – 2010
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff
State University of New York at Albany – University
University of Miami School of Law – Graduate School
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., secured two of the 20 largest work accident settlements in the U.S. in 2020, as published by TopVerdict.
The New York Law Journal is a nationally recognized publication that highlights the legal profession in New York. The distinguished title of “Top Verdicts in New York” was granted to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for securing some of the top verdicts and settlements in the state.
250 West 57th Street,
New York, NY 10107