Was Your Child Injured on Someone Else's Property?
Lawyers Serving New York City Since 1983
There is no excuse for anyone acting carelessly when it comes to the lives and the safety of children. If your child has been injured because of someone else’s negligence, your child has a right to fair compensation. An experienced New York City personal injury attorney from our team can help you pursue the justice your child deserves.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our lawyers help injured children and their families pursue money damages from individuals responsible for hurting them. Our lead attorney, David Perecman, is the father of three beautiful and healthy children. He has been practicing personal injury and wrongful death law in New York for more than 40 years and understands how precious a child is and how to take legal justice on their behalf.
For a free consultation, contact us at (212) 577-9325 today.
Helping Injured Children in All Different Circumstances
If your child has been injured in any situation caused by someone else’s negligence, our firm can help. The following are some particularly common causes of injuries to children:
- Negligent supervision and security at schools and day cares: Institutions responsible for taking care of other people’s children must provide adequate supervision and security in order to protect those children from injuries.
- School bus accidents: School bus drivers are under a particularly strong obligation to protect their passengers by driving safely and putting a stop to dangerous behavior.
- Lead poisoning: Lead paint exposure can cause serious brain damage in young children. Landlords have a duty to take appropriate steps to protect children from lead poisoning.
- Scalding injuries: If your child was injured by scalding hot water, we may be able to hold property owner accountable for failing to use water temperature regulators.
- Lack of window guards: Landlords who fail to provide window guards in apartments that house young children are making a serious and potentially fatal error.
- Car accidents: Nobody expects young children to be as careful as adults in traffic. When drivers see children in their vicinity, they need to be particularly careful while driving.
Can My Child Obtain Compensation for Injuries?
New York has special legal standards and rules that govern cases involving injuries to children. All settlements must be approved by a judge, and settlement funds must be placed in trust accounts and sometimes structured, meaning paid out over time. Our lawyers have handled these situations many times. We understand the rules that affect our clients and are experienced at working within them.
No child should have to go through the trauma of a serious injury. Our firm is dedicated to holding wrongdoers accountable. Let us put our experience and passion to work for you. Based in Manhattan, we extend our services to handle cases in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, and Westchester.
Contact our team at (212) 577-9325 to arrange a free consultation.