NYC Bicycle Accident Lawyers
New York City ranks among the top cities for cycling in the U.S. The New York City Department of Transportation estimates that over a half million bicycle trips are made each day. While New York City and many other municipalities in New York State are working to make roads safer for bicyclists, bike accidents remain an all-too-common occurrence. Many of them result from the carelessness of motorists.
If you were hurt in a bike accident caused by a negligent driver or other party, you have a right to seek financial recovery and justice. An NYC bicycle accident lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., can help. We know that suffering catastrophic injuries can turn an accident victim’s life upside down. Our full-service firm works tirelessly to take the stress of pursuing legal claims off our clients’ shoulders.
For more than 40 years, we have been advocating for the interests of people who have suffered injuries in NYC, Long Island, and across the state of New York. Over that time, we have built a track record of successful case results that is matched by few other law firms. Our award-winning legal team knows what it takes to demand accountability and financial compensation for your bicycle accident injuries.
When you have been injured in a bike accident in New York City, contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for a free initial case review. Let us tell you more about how an NYC bicycle accident attorney from our firm can help you recover and move forward following a bicycle crash.
Why Choose Our NYC Bicycle Accident Lawyers?
Bicycle accident injuries tend to be some of the most catastrophic injuries that an accident victim can suffer. To build the strongest case possible for the full compensation you deserve, you need experienced legal representation. You shouldn’t have to settle for just any bicycle accident law firm. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe our bicycle injury attorneys stand out as the right choice for you for several reasons, including:
- Our firm boasts a proven record of success in personal injury cases, having recovered more than half a billion dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We have been advocating for accident victims across NY for over four decades. We have been involved in cases that have led to important changes in the law that help protect the rights of injury victims.
- Our team includes experienced trial litigators, some of whom have decades of courtroom experience, along with connections to industry-leading experts in a wide variety of fields relevant to injury cases.
- Our legal peers hold our knowledge and experience in injury law in high regard. Many attorneys choose to bring our firm in on their most complex catastrophic injury cases.
- As a full-service injury law firm, we will handle every detail of preparing and pursuing your bicycle accident case so that you can focus your time and energy on your recovery.
Demanding Maximum Compensation for Bike Accident Victims
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we work tirelessly to seek full financial recovery for our bike accident clients. New York is a no-fault insurance state, which means that victims of motor vehicle accidents typically turn to the driver’s personal injury protection insurance to cover medical expenses. But when injuries are serious, victims can pursue compensation from the at-fault party in a third-party injury claim, which may cover losses, such as:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, prescription costs, physical or occupational therapy, and medical or mobility equipment purchases
- Long-term care expenses for services to help you cope with permanent disabilities that may result from your injuries
- Lost income if you miss time from work while recovering from the injuries you suffered in a bike crash
- Loss of future earning capacity due to permanent disabilities that prevent you from returning to your old job or any form of gainful employment
- Physical pain
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Reduced quality of life or life expectancy caused by your injuries and disabilities
- Repair or replacement costs for your damaged bicycle, bike helmet, and clothing
Time Limit for Filing a Bicycle Accident Claim in New York
When you are injured in a bicycle accident, you unfortunately do not have unlimited time to take legal action. Under New York’s statute of limitations, you generally have only three years from the date of a bike accident to file suit against liable parties. If you file your bicycle accident lawsuit after the statute of limitations has expired on your bicycle accident claim, your case will likely be dismissed, and you may lose your opportunity to demand accountability and compensation for your injuries.
If you are involved in a bike accident with a government vehicle or if government negligence caused the accident, state law typically requires you to give notice of your claim to the appropriate government agency or entity within 90 days of the accident.
For these reasons, you should not wait to speak with an NYC bicycle accident attorney about starting the process of pursuing your legal rights.