Queens Construction Accident Lawyers
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous places to work in Queens. Power tools, heavy equipment, large machinery, scaffolding, and hazardous building materials can cause serious harm if a construction accident occurs. Workers and bystanders may suffer severe and life-altering injuries in the event of an accident.
Did you or a loved one suffer injuries in an NYC construction site accident? Speak to a Queens construction accident attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. right away. You could be eligible for compensation to lessen your financial burdens and help you prepare for the future.
Our experienced trial lawyers handle some of the toughest injury cases in Queens and throughout the five boroughs. Few attorneys and law firms can match our legal team’s success in demanding maximum results and justice for our clients. New Yorkers seek our help after suffering catastrophic injuries because of our:
- Superb track record – We have recovered more than half a billion dollars in compensation for our clients.
- Legal talent – Our proven lawyers know how to obtain top-dollar settlements at the negotiating table and at trial.
- Outstanding reputation – Many attorneys refer their most complex catastrophic injury cases to us.
- Full-service approach – We will handle every aspect of preparing and pursuing your construction accident case so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery.
Don’t wait to seek legal advice after a construction site accident. Call or contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C for a free consultation with a construction accident lawyer in Queens.
Why Choose Us to Handle Your Construction Accident Case?
New York is home to thousands of attorneys. With so many options, you may struggle with how to find the right one for you. Looking at case results can help you find a standout construction accident law firm. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. has a proud history of recovering top-dollar results for injured workers, including:
- $15,208,168 – Jury verdict for a construction worker who fell from a ladder.
- $11,899,469 – Jury verdict for a union worker who suffered injuries in a scaffolding accident.
- $10,000,000 – A laborer fell from a suspended scaffold. Jury verdict.
Who Can Be Held Responsible after a Construction Accident?
With multiple companies working on a construction site, liability for a construction accident can rest with numerous parties. Potential defendants include:
- General contractors
- Scaffolding companies
- Trucking companies
- Construction tool and equipment manufacturers
- Construction site owners
Understanding Your Rights after a Construction Accident
After a construction site accident, you may have multiple avenues to pursue compensation for disabling and catastrophic injuries. An experienced lawyer can identify all your legal options, which could include:
- Personal injury claim – If you were injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against contractors or construction site owners even if they had nothing directly to do with your accident. However, workers injured on the job cannot sue their employers. These cases will be filed under New York’s Labor Law which provides strong legal protection for construction workers involved in many types of accidents.
- Workers’ compensation claim – Construction workers injured on the job are typically entitled to file for workers’ compensation benefits with their employer’s insurance company. Workers’ comp provides money for medical treatment along with partial replacement of lost wages or disability payments.
- Social Security Disability (SSD) claim – A worker who is totally disabled from gainful employment due to injuries suffered in a construction site accident may also be entitled to Social Security Disability benefits. SSD provides critical income for qualifying individuals in monthly payments.
Demanding Full Payment for Your Losses After a Construction Accident in Queens
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our Queens construction accident lawyers pursue maximum financial recovery for every client. Compensation from a construction accident lawsuit can cover a wide range of losses, including:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Long-term care expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings and employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life
The compensation you receive in a workers’ compensation claim from a construction accident is more limited. Financial benefits may include:
- Payment for all reasonable and necessary medical treatment
- Partial wage replacement
- Temporary or permanent disability payments
- Disfigurement benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Death benefits for surviving family members
New York law requires nearly all employers to provide workers’ comp benefits to their employees regardless of fault. Independent contractors do not qualify for workers’ compensation but could be entitled to file a lawsuit. A Queens construction accident lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. can identify all possible avenues of compensation for your injuries.
How Long Do You Have to File a Construction Accident Lawsuit?
The deadlines for a construction accident case depend on the type of claim you can file.
New York’s statute of limitations gives you three years from the date of the accident to file a construction accident lawsuit against private entities. If there are municipal entities, agencies, or authorities involved, you will have other shorter deadlines to file claims against them. Filing suit after the limitations period has expired on your construction accident claim risks seeing your case dismissed from court for being untimely.
If you decide to file a workers’ compensation claim, state law requires you to provide notice of your claim to your employer within 30 days of a construction accident. In addition, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a formal workers’ comp claim with the state.
These deadlines can make or break your case for compensation after a construction accident. Reach out to a knowledgeable attorney right away to protect your rights and give your legal team time to investigate and prepare a strong case for you.
How Our Queens Construction Accident Attorneys Can Take the Pressure Off You
The last thing you need after a construction accident is to worry about filing paperwork and dealing with insurance companies. A Queens construction accident attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. can take the stress off your shoulders by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the construction accident to determine what went wrong
- Consulting with experts in accident reconstruction, construction safety standards, medicine, vocational rehabilitation, and economics to help build a persuasive case on your behalf
- Documenting your injuries and disabilities
- Calculating the full extent of your losses to place a fair value on your claim
- Filing claims in your construction accident case and aggressively pursuing full compensation for you
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. will exercise every legal muscle to craft a compelling case for maximum compensation that accounts for your past, present, and future needs.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights after a Construction Accident in Queens
Tips to protect your rights to pursue financial recovery after a construction accident in Queens include:
- Notify your employer of the accident and your injuries as soon as possible.
- Document the accident scene with photos and videos. Try to include whatever caused the accident, the presence of any warning signs or safety equipment, and any visible injuries.
- Seek medical attention to have a physician document your injuries. Make sure to tell them the accident occurred on a construction site.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment instructions. Do not put off medical appointments or recommended procedures.
- Keep copies of any bills, invoices, pay stubs, or receipts.
Finally, reach out to a Queens construction accident attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents in Queens
Some of the most frequent causes of construction accidents in Queens, NY include:Falls from scaffolds
- Falls from ladders
- Trip and falls on tools, materials, or debris
- Slip and falls on water, snow, ice, or other slippery substances
- Accidents involving motorized equipment like trucks, forklifts, backhoes, or cranes
- Exposed electrical wiring or power lines
- Electrocution and electric shock
- Removal of guards or safety devices on tools and equipment
- Defective/unsafe equipment
- Struck by falling objects
- Trench collapse
- Chemical exposure
- Unsafe storage of hazardous or toxic materials
- Overexertion and fatigue
Common Construction Accident Injuries
A construction accident injury can have devastating repercussions for workers and their families. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Herniated discs
- Ligament/tendon/muscle tears
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ injury
- Perforation injuries
- Facial injuries, including vision or hearing loss
Talk to a Queens Construction Accident Attorney Now
Getting legal help is essential if you suffered a severe injury in an NYC construction accident. Put The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. to work for you today. Our respected law firm has four decades of experience serving hardworking New Yorkers just like you. Call or contact us today to speak with a Queens construction accident attorney. The first consultation is free.