Jericho Construction Accident Attorney
Were you hurt in an accident on a construction site in Jericho, New York? If so, you could be owed compensation. But to maximize your financial recovery, you need help from a dedicated law firm with a strong track record of successful case results. The Jericho construction accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., have the resources and qualifications necessary to fight for your interests.
We’re ready to stand up for your rights and seek maximum benefits for your construction injury claim – just as we’ve done for the injured New Yorkers for whom we have recovered over half a billion dollars in claim settlements and trial verdicts.
Contact us now for your free initial case review and find out how we can put our experience and track record to work for you.
How Common Are Jericho Construction Accident Injuries?
Work-related injuries and fatalities are prevalent in the construction industry. According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- In a recent 10-year period, the number of construction workers in the U.S. increased by 25 percent to a total of 11.4 million workers.
- Work-related falls are the top cause of occupational fatalities in the construction industry, contributing to more than 1 in 3 (36.4 percent) worker deaths.
- The number of construction worker fatalities due to caught-in-between accidents increased by 5.4 percent from one recent year to the next.
- According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), construction workers account for more than 1 in 5 occupational fatalities nationwide.
Jericho Construction Site Accidents We Handle
The Jericho construction accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., are prepared to handle a wide variety of construction site accident cases, including those involving:
- Building collapses
- Cement and concrete burns
- Chemical exposure
- Construction site transportation accidents
- Construction site slip-and-falls
- Crane accidents
- Defective or unsafe equipment accidents
- Demolition accidents
- Electric shocks and electrocution
- Elevator accidents on construction sites
- Eye injuries on construction sites
- Falls from scaffolds and other heights
- Faulty safety equipment
- Forklift accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Hoist accidents
- Ladder falls
- Machinery accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Site debris accidents
- Struck by falling objects
- Toxic exposure
- Trench collapse accidents
- Weather-related construction accidents
- Welding accidents
- Window washing accidents
Types of Injured Construction Workers We Represent in Jericho
Numerous types of workers are at Jericho construction sites. Any of these individuals can easily sustain life-changing occupational injuries.
Our New York injury lawyers represent injured construction workers such as:
- Crane operators
- Drywall workers
- Forklift operators
- Maintenance workers
- Sheet metal workers
- Tunnel workers
- Undocumented construction workers
- Utility workers
- Window washers
Who Can Be Held Liable for Your Construction Injury?
If you were hurt in a construction accident in Jericho, NY, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against the owner, general contractor, and other contractors or companies under the New York Labor Law.
- Labor Law 240(1) – Commonly referred to as the “Scaffold Law,” this law allows certain workers to sue contractors, site owners, and their agents for accidents that involve falls from heights, falling objects, and other accidents related to gravity. The law requires entities to provide proper protection to the workers employed on the construction site. You can bring a lawsuit even if the contractor and property owner was not directly involved with your specific work or your accident.
- Labor Law 241(6) – This section allows workers to sue contractors, site owners, and their agents for violations of specific regulations of the New York State Industrial Code. Labor Law 241(6) frequently applies to accidents such as accidents on scaffolds, demolition accidents, trip-and-falls, slip-and-falls, electric shocks, accidents with unguarded machinery, and crane accidents, among others. You could have a valid claim under this law even if the contractor or owner was not directly involved in the accident.
- Labor Law 200 – This law allows workers to sue companies for failing to provide reasonable and adequate protection to workers on a construction site. It is similar to a negligence claim.
Other examples of parties who could be liable when a worker sustains preventable injuries on a construction site include:
- An employer –If you sustained work-related injuries on a construction site, your employer could be required to provide workers’ compensation benefits.
- A property owner – If you got hurt because the construction site owner neglected to keep their property in a safe condition, they could be liable in a premises liability claim.
- A contractor or vendor – General contractors, subcontractors, and vendors are often present on many construction sites. If their wrongful behavior contributed to your injuries, you could seek compensation from them by filing a third-party personal injury claim.
- A manufacturer – If you got hurt due to a defective or unsafe product on a construction site, the manufacturer of that product could be liable, and you could demand compensation through a product liability claim.
- Another third party – If you got hurt because of a third party, such as a motorist or passerby who entered the construction site, you could pursue a third-party personal injury claim against them.
Filing for Workers’ Compensation After a Construction Accident
Most New York employers must provide workers’ compensation coverage for their employees. Workers’ comp benefits are no-fault benefits that give workers the resources they need to pay for medical bills and replace a portion of lost wages due to missed time at work.
You must follow strict procedures to claim your benefits if you believe you are eligible for workers’ compensation after a Jericho construction accident. For instance, you must notify your employer of any work-related injuries within 30 days and file your claim within two years of the incident. If your claim is for work-related hearing loss, you have only 90 days to file a claim. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you identify key workers’ comp requirements and prepare a compelling claim on your behalf.
Why Hire a Proven Construction Site Accident Attorney in Jericho?
Pursuing fair compensation for your injuries after a Jericho construction site accident is often daunting. Fortunately, you don’t have to do it alone.
When you work with The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we can help you by:
- Reviewing your case
- Explaining your legal options
- Investigating the construction site accident
- Communicating with employers, insurers, and other parties on your behalf
- Obtaining medical records, incident reports, and other evidence
- Interviewing reliable eyewitnesses and experts for useful testimony
- Managing case documents, details, and deadlines on your behalf
- Negotiating aggressively to maximize the value of your settlement
Contact Our Construction Injury Lawyers in Jericho Today
The sooner you contact the Jericho work injury lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., the sooner we can start pursuing the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and tell us what happened.