Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a car accident in Brooklyn? If another party’s negligence caused your crash, you should fight for maximum compensation for your losses.
You shouldn’t have to face the insurance companies on your own when seeking the payment you need for your pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. Let a Brooklyn car accident lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., fight on your behalf to recover a settlement or judgment for you.
For over 40 years, our attorneys have handled catastrophic injury cases in Brooklyn and throughout New York. We fight to protect the rights of those who have experienced life-altering injuries because of someone else’s negligence. We have spent years building a strong track record of success, especially when it comes to recovering compensation for our clients. With our firm, you’ll benefit from the extensive legal experience, outstanding client service, and aggressive, relentless representation.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Brooklyn, reach out to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for a free initial case review. An experienced car accident lawyer from our legal team can go over your options for pursuing compensation.
Why Choose Our Firm To Handle Your Brooklyn Car Accident Case?
When you have been in a Brooklyn car crash, you may have numerous attorneys and law firms to choose from to help you pursue a car accident claim. You should focus on a firm’s experience and results when choosing legal representation.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe we are the right choice for you because of:
- Our proven track record of success, highlighted by our recovery of more than half a billion dollars in compensation for our clients
- Our four-plus decades of experience, during which we’ve represented clients in several cases that have improved accident victims’ rights
- Our team of experienced trial litigators, supported by a network of field-leading experts from a wide range of industries and disciplines
- Our respected reputation among our legal peers, many of whom turn to our firm for help with some of their most difficult catastrophic injury cases
- Our full-service approach to our work with our clients, which means we handle every aspect of your case so you can focus on your recovery
Demanding Maximum Compensation in a Car Accident Claim
Let a Brooklyn car accident attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., help you seek compensation if you were injured in a car wreck that was someone else’s fault.
The responsible party might owe you money for:
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Long-term care costs to help with daily living
- Lost income from missed work during your recovery
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle repair or replacement
How The Perecman Firm Can Help You
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in NY
After you have been injured in an auto accident in NY, the statute of limitations under state law gives you limited time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Typically, a car accident lawsuit must be filed within three years of a crash. However, if the other driver or registered vehicle owner is a municipal/city entity or employee, your time limits are much shorter.
If you wait until the statute of limitations expires on your claim to file your lawsuit, the court will refuse to hear your case. You will likely lose your right to recover compensation for your injuries and losses if that happens. That’s why it’s crucial to speak with a Brooklyn car accident attorney as soon as possible so they can begin working on your case now.
What You Need To Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies
You may be contacted by representatives from the other driver’s insurance company or your own insurer soon after a motor vehicle accident. To protect your interests when dealing with insurance companies after an accident, keep the following in mind:
- The insurance adjuster is not on your side — Although an adjuster may seem like they want to get you compensation after a car accident, they work for the insurance company. They are focused on minimizing the amount of compensation the insurer pays you.
- They will try to use your statements against you — Insurance companies will often try to get you to provide an oral or written statement about the accident. However, insurance adjusters ask questions designed to get statements they can later twist to minimize your claim or deny compensation. Do not give such a statement without speaking to an attorney first and, preferably, you should hire an attorney and allow them to speak to the insurance company for you. That’s why you should get legal representation as soon as possible so the insurance company can communicate with your attorney rather than contact you directly.
- Insurers want you to accept a quick settlement — Insurers may offer you money up front or try to get you to sign paperwork soon after an accident. However, accepting an offer may give up your rights to pursue full compensation for your injuries and losses. If you settle your claim quickly, you can’t demand more compensation from the insurance company if you suffer additional costs, discover new injuries from the accident, or find out your claim was worth more.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Car Accident in Brooklyn
Here are some important tips to put yourself in the best position for pursuing car accident compensation following an auto collision in Brooklyn:
- Collect evidence — Try to document the accident scene. Take photos and/or videos of important details, such as vehicle damage, marks on the road, traffic signals and controls, and traffic conditions.
- Get witness information – Find out if there were any witnesses and make sure to get their names and contact information including cell phone numbers and email addresses
- See a doctor — Seek medical attention as soon as you can. Try not to deny care from an ambulance if it arrives on the scene to take you to the hospital. Have your doctor document any injuries you sustained in the accident. If you wait, the insurance company may argue that any injuries you claim weren’t caused by the accident.
- Get the police report – One of the most important pieces of evidence in auto accident cases is the police report. Make sure to call the police, give an accurate statement about the accident, and get police precinct and officer information to obtain the police report.
- Gather records — Keep copies of any bills for expenses from the accident or copies of your income records if you cannot work due to your injuries. Make sure to obtain copies of your medical records as well.
- Contact a lawyer — Speak to a car accident attorney that handles cases in Brooklyn as soon as you can to discuss the next steps in pursuing financial recovery for your injuries and losses.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Devastating car crashes often lead to catastrophic injuries for the occupants of the vehicles in the accident. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we have helped clients recover from life-altering injuries such as the following:
- Spinal cord injuries or paralysis
- Ligament, tendon, and muscle tears
- Broken bones
- Internal organ injuries
- Facial injuries and scarring
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Traumatic brain injuries
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Brooklyn
Frequent causes of car accidents in Brooklyn, NY include the following:
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe turns or lane changes
- Not using indicators or mirrors
- Distracted driving
- Intoxicated driving
- Drowsy driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Unfamiliarity with local roads
- Poor car maintenance
- Defective car parts
- Poor weather conditions
How a Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
After sustaining catastrophic injuries in a car crash, you should be allowed to focus on your physical and mental recovery. Let a Brooklyn car accident attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., take care of all the details in your car accident case, including the following:
- Recovering evidence from the accident to begin the process of building your claim for compensation
- Bringing in leading expert witnesses to help us craft persuasive arguments in support of your case
- Documenting your injuries and losses to ensure that we seek full financial recovery
- Identifying liable parties and sources of compensation, including applicable insurance coverage
- Filing claims on your behalf and aggressively negotiating settlements for maximum compensation
- Pursuing your case in court if necessary to demand the best possible outcome in your case
When you need legal representation to seek the money and justice you deserve after being injured in a car accident, contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our Brooklyn car accident lawyers are standing by, ready to take your call.