Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer in NYC
Did You Suffer A Serious Injury Following an Accident?
Did You Endure Injuries as a Result of Distracted Driving?
More than 35,000 people were killed, and millions more were injured, in car crashes in 2015 in the United States alone. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports (PDF) that an estimated 10 percent of all fatalities and injuries on the road were caused by distracted drivers.
- 3,477 people suffered fatal injuries from crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015.
- An estimated 391,000 people suffered serious injuries from crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015.
- 551 non-motorists, including cyclists and pedestrians, suffered fatal injuries from crashes involving distracted drivers in 2015.
- Distracted teenagers caused the highest number of deadly crashes among any age group in 2015 at nine percent.
- Distracted drivers between the ages of 20 and 29 accounted for approximately 27 percent of all deadly crashes in 2015.
Car crashes can be among the most devastating experiences in anyone’s life. It’s important to seek the care you need to recover from any injuries, but the healing process doesn’t end there. Our New York City car accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. understand what needs to be done to secure the legal outcome you deserve so you can move on to the next phase of your life in the best position possible. Contact us today to let us know the details of your case and begin planning your next steps.
What Types Of Distractions Are There On The Road?
Distractions can take many forms – looking down at the radio affects drivers in a different way than rummaging around in the center console without looking away from the road. Safety experts have separated distractions into three different categories to better explain how drivers are affected.
- Manual: This affects drivers who take their hands off the steering wheel, usually to perform another action unrelated to driving.
- Cognitive: This affects drivers who turn their thoughts away from driving their vehicle.
- Visual: This affects drivers who look away from the road, usually to look at another part of the vehicle or unrelated item.
The most dangerous instances of distracted driving are when the criteria for all three categories are met, like when the driver uses their phone while behind the wheel.
Hire The Experienced Representation You Can Rely On
If you were seriously injured in a crash caused by a distracted driver, our New York City car accident attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. may be able to help you fight for and secure the compensation you need to cover any medical treatment or damages you incurred. With decades of experience and more than half a billion recovered in verdicts and settlements, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands when you choose to work with us. Call us at (212) 577-9325 to explain your case to a member of our firm today, or fill out our online form to begin with a free evaluation.
Over Half a Billion Recovered
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.'s team of NYC personal injury attorneys have recovered more than half a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for their clients.See Our Results
New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Our experienced legal team has been advocating for the rights of injured workers and individuals since 1983.Meet Our Team
An Active Voice in the News & Media
The attorneys at the Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C have been featured in ABC, The New York Times, CNN, NBC, CBS, New York Post, and more!View News Articles