Limo Accident Attorney In NYC
Were You Injured in a Limousine Accident?
Whether they’re being used for special events, to transport private clients, or for company businesses, limo services are commercial motor vehicle operations which owe a duty of care to their passengers and everyone on the road. Victims injured as a result of limousine operators’ negligence and their failure to take reasonable safety measures may have the right to seek compensation for their damages by pursuing a personal injury claim.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motor vehicle accident involving a limousine, The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., is available to help you learn more about your rights and legal options. Our NYC attorneys have helped victims and families throughout the state recover millions in compensation for preventable harm and losses, and are prepared to guide you through the journey ahead.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- Serving NYC & New York For Over 40 Years
- Rated Among the “Best Law Firms” By U.S. News
- Over Half a Billion in Verdicts & Settlements
- Proven Results in Auto Accident Cases
Speak with an award-winning NYC accident lawyer: (212) 577-9325.
Limo Accidents & Victims’ Rights
Victims injured in preventable motor vehicle accidents have the right to hold negligent parties accountable. Typically, this is done through the filing of a personal injury claim with the responsible party’s insurer, or a personal injury lawsuit filed in civil court (or wrongful death suit in the case of fatal accidents) against the drivers and registered owners of the vehicles who are at fault.
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our attorneys leverage decades of experience and extensive resources to help clients address many of the challenging issues present in auto accident cases – issues that can be exacerbated when vehicles involved are used for commercial purposes, such as limos, party buses, shuttles and chauffeurs, and similar transportation providers.
When it comes to common challenges in accident cases, we know how to protect victims’ rights:
- Fault and Liability – Proving who’s at fault for causing an accident is, of course, essential to winning an injury claim. Though every case is unique, this often requires a meticulous review of the circumstances surrounding crashes, whether traffic infractions occurred, and what police reports or other documentary evidence may indicate. In some cases, it may also require independent investigations or collaboration with relevant experts (such as limo industry professionals, accident reconstruction specialists, and auto parts experts). A firm with the resources to leave no stone unturned can make all the difference when working to achieve this goal.
- Potentially Liable Parties – There are a number of potentially liable parties in limo accidents, which is why detailed investigations are so important. In addition to unearthing what caused a crash, an evaluation of the accident can help determine who’s ultimately responsible for victims’ damages. In many cases where negligence is to blame, it’s often the limo company (which is ultimately accountable for the conduct of limo drivers they employ). However, manufacturers of defective products and faulty auto parts, other negligent motorists, and even vehicle maintenance companies can be held liable if their failures contributed to or caused a crash.
- Commercial Regulations / Responsibilities – Limo drivers are subject to the very same traffic laws as other motorists, and evidence of their infractions, drunk or distracted driving, and other acts of negligence can be a critical part of proving fault and liability. Because limousines are operated commercially, it’s also important to evaluate how companies and their drivers complied (or failed to comply) with applicable regulations and legal duties. That may include anything from properly registering a limo service and maintaining a commercial vehicle to ensuring drivers are properly trained and licensed or disciplined for past indiscretions. Regulatory violations, as well as negligent hiring or retention of dangerous drivers / employees, can be a major factor in these cases.
- Insurance Companies – Insurance coverage exists for a reason; it covers damages when car accidents arise. Though limo services typically carry commercial insurance policies, it’s important to note these insurance carriers, as well as the limo services themselves, are corporations that value profits more than people. It’s not unusual to see commercial operations and insurance companies deny and dispute claims, challenge the scope of victims’ damages, and engage in tactics which are designed to allow them to pay as little as possible. To level the playing field against these corporate defendants, victims can work with proven representation that fights for a full and fair recovery of all applicable damages, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Let Experienced Accident Lawyers Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
New York City is home to many limo and party bus services, and while competition may be fierce, these companies have an obligation to ensure the safety of passengers and anyone with whom they share the road – be they another motorist, a bicyclist, or a pedestrian. Shortcuts, oversights, and negligent or wrongful acts should never be tolerated, especially when they cause preventable harm.
After a wreck involving a limousine, party bus, or similar service, protecting your right to compensation demands experienced insight. Our team at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., is available to discuss how our resources can work for you, and what our attorneys can do to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call (212) 577-9325 or contact us online 24/7 to request a free consultation.