Neck Injury Attorney in NYC
Every year, an untold number of New Yorkers suffer neck injuries. The causes range from motor vehicle collisions and falls to physical assaults and sports accidents, among others. Neck injuries can be extremely painful and long-lasting, with potential effects that include paralysis or the loss of crucial bodily functions. A neck injury’s effects are often irreversible and can profoundly impact a person’s everyday life.
If you have suffered a neck injury and someone else is to blame, The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., wants to hear from you. Our attorneys have recovered over half a billion dollars in compensation for our clients. We can help you pursue the money you need after an accident that wasn’t your fault.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a neck injury lawyer in NYC and find out what we can do for you.
How Our Attorneys Can Make a Difference in Your Neck Injury Claim
The effects of a neck injury can significantly impact your life, so it is crucial to seek help from an experienced New York City personal injury lawyer. Otherwise, you risk not having the resources to take care of yourself in the future.
Our New York neck injury lawyers can help with your case by:
- Investigating the accident to identify everyone who may be liable for your injuries and document the complete extent of your losses
- Gathering evidence to establish liability and maximize the value of your claim
- Filing an insurance claim and reviewing all your documents to prevent any errors
- Negotiating with insurance companies to help you secure a fair settlement
- Bringing your case to trial if the insurance companies will not negotiate in good faith
Before you can get compensation for an injury, you must demonstrate that someone else is to blame. That can be difficult for a legal newcomer under any circumstances, but particularly when so much is on the line. Hiring a neck injury attorney to represent you means having a professional handle all the legal work while you focus on resting and recovering.
Common Accidents that Result in Neck Injuries
Some of the most common causes of neck injuries in New York include:
- Slip-and-falls – If someone lands at an unnatural angle after a fall, the twisting motion and the impact force can injure the muscles and connective tissues in and near the neck. In some instances, landing hard after a fall can fracture the neck’s bones. Neck fractures can be fatal unless they are treated immediately.
- Work accidents – Many work-related accidents can cause a neck injury, including motor vehicle accidents, slips and falls, blows from flying or falling objects, and coming into contact with heavy machinery.
- Motor-vehicle crashes – The impact from a motor vehicle collision can wrench the head or neck at an unnatural angle, leading to a neck injury. Cyclists and pedestrians are particularly at risk of neck injuries caused by traffic accidents, as they are more exposed than someone enclosed within a vehicle’s frame. Motorcyclists are another particularly vulnerable class of road users. They can be thrown from their bikes in a collision, with potentially deadly results.
- Repetitive stress – Some neck injuries are caused by gradual wear and tear related to repetitive motions. As the bones, muscles, and connective tissues in the neck gradually break down, they become more susceptible to serious injury.
- Sports accidents – Athletics can place extreme stress on the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones in the neck. Contact sports like football and hockey are especially likely to cause neck injuries.
- Physical assaults – A physical confrontation can lead to a neck injury if one of the parties involved sustains blunt trauma to their neck or takes a hard fall.
Common Types of Neck Injuries
Some of the most common types of neck injuries in New York City include:
- Whiplash – When the head and neck are violently wrenched to one side or jerked forward and backward, the bones, muscles, and connective tissues are subjected to extreme forces. This type of neck injury is common in car accidents.
- Herniated disc – The spine’s vertebrae are supported by spongy discs that provide cushioning and protection. When these discs become damaged, the neck is left without sufficient support, resulting in limited mobility and intense pain.
- Neck fracture – A particularly violent blow to the neck can cause the vertebrae in the upper spine to fracture or develop hairline cracks. These injuries can result in paralysis or even death.
What Are the Symptoms of Neck Injuries?
Common symptoms of neck injuries include:
- Stiffness or pain in the neck, particularly when moving or turning the head
- Neck pain that worsens when standing or walking
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Headaches, especially at the base of the skull
- Vertigo or dizziness
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty sleeping
- Weakness or numbness in the upper body or arms
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
Treatment for Neck Injuries
Some typical methods to treat neck injuries include:
- Wearing a neck brace
- Cold or heat therapy
- Medication to manage pain
- Physical therapy
What Compensation Can You Recover for a Neck Injury in NYC?
The consequences of a neck injury can be long-lasting. They may even affect you for the rest of your life. You deserve to be compensated for the full extent of the harm you suffered through no fault of your own. Depending on the circumstances, a neck injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and reduced future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
Contact a New York Neck Injury Lawyer Today
Have you suffered a neck injury in New York City? Was someone else to blame? Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. today for a free consultation with a New York neck injury lawyer. You may deserve compensation, and we want to help you demand it.