Staten Island Personal Injury Lawyer
The personal injury attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., do more than just represent those who’ve been injured in Staten Island. We help bring peace to people whose lives have been turned upside down due to others’ negligent actions. If you’ve been hurt, we’re ready to put our skills and resources to work for you.
Our attorneys have over four decades of experience handling the toughest injury cases in Staten Island and New York. In that time, we’ve established a track record of success that few personal injury attorneys and law firms can match. Our trial lawyers have been recognized for their excellence by some of the country’s most prestigious publications and groups, such as Super Lawyers®, The Best Lawyers in America®, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
When you have been injured in an accident in Staten Island that wasn’t your fault, turn to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for help. Reach out to us today for a free initial case evaluation. We’ll discuss how a Staten Island personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation and justice for your injuries.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Personal Injury Claim?
You have the right to file a personal injury claim if you have sustained injuries due to someone else’s negligence. Recovering compensation will require you to prove the at-fault party was negligent and caused your injuries. You’ll also have to document what expenses and losses you have incurred because of your injuries.
If these elements exist and can be established in your claim, you may be eligible for financial recovery for your losses. A skilled personal injury lawyer can help you determine if you have a case and gather evidence to prove these points.
Why Trust Your Case to Our Staten Island Personal Injury Attorneys?
When you have a personal injury claim, you may feel overwhelmed with the number of attorneys and law firms that you have to choose from. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe our Staten Island personal injury lawyers are the right choice for your case because we offer the following:
- Proven results in the catastrophic injury cases we have handled, including more than half a billion dollars recovered for our clients at the negotiating table and in court
- More than 40 years of legal experience representing clients, including in cases that have reshaped the law in New York to better protect accident victims’ interests
- A legal team of highly rated trial litigators, backed by our firm’s extensive resources and roster of experts in a wide range of fields and disciplines
- The deep respect we have from our fellow attorneys, many of whom refer their most difficult catastrophic injury cases to us
- A full-service approach to working with clients, taking on the work of preparing your case so you can stay focused on recovering from your injuries
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our experienced Staten Island personal injury lawyers represent clients in personal injury claims from the following:
Types of Compensation You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury case, you may be entitled to recover money for expenses and losses that you have suffered due to your injuries. Personal injury compensation can offer financial recovery for damages such as the following:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses, including hospital bills, physical therapy, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, and medical device purchases
- Long-term care expenses for permanent disabilities from your injuries
- Lost income if you take time off work to recover
- Loss of future earning capacity if you can’t work due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life caused by permanent disabilities or visible disfigurement
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in NY?
Under New York law, you have limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit after being injured in an accident in Staten Island. The statute of limitations typically gives you three years from the date of the injury to file suit against the at-fault party.
If you file a personal injury lawsuit after the statute of limitations expires on your claim, your case will likely be dismissed and you may lose the opportunity to recover compensation from those responsible for your injuries and losses.
How Our Staten Island Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries in an accident in Staten Island, you’ll want to devote your time and energy to your recovery so you can get back to normal life as quickly as possible. But to ensure that your legal rights are also pursued, let the Staten Island personal injury lawyers of The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., handle all the details of your case, including the following:
- Investigating the facts and circumstances of the incident that caused your injuries, including securing evidence to build your case
- Working with our bench of expert witnesses to identify who should be held liable for your injuries and calculate the compensation you deserve to receive
- Preparing and filing demand letters and insurance claims on your behalf to begin settlement negotiations that can provide you with fair compensation
- Taking your personal injury claim to court if necessary to fully pursue your legal options to obtain maximum financial recovery
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in Staten Island
Steps that you need to take after being involved in an accident in Staten Island that can help protect your legal rights include the following:
- Collect evidence — Document the accident scene, particularly by taking photos and videos.
- See a doctor — You need to be evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible after an accident to have any injuries you suffered diagnosed and documented.
- Complete your treatment — Promptly follow your doctor’s treatment recommendations and instructions.
- Document your losses — Keep any bills, invoices, or receipts for expenses you incurred due to the accident. Collect your pay stubs or income statements if you missed time from your job or are disabled from working.
- Be careful on social media — Insurance companies sometimes try to use injury victims’ social media posts against them. Avoid posting about your injuries on social media, including photos and videos of yourself while you are still recovering or disabled from working.
- Contact an attorney — A Staten Island personal injury lawyer can help you every step of the way, allowing you to recover while they handle communicating with the insurance companies, gathering evidence, and preparing your case.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
The Staten Island personal injury attorneys of The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., help clients make a physical, emotional, and financial recovery from catastrophic injuries such as the following:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ injuries
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Tears, strains, and sprains
- Herniated discs
- Nerve damage
- Burns and scarring
Our Staten Island Personal Injury Attorneys Have a Record of Results
When choosing legal representation for your personal injury claim, you deserve a firm with a proven track record of securing maximum results for clients. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., some of the verdicts and settlements that our experienced Staten Island personal injury lawyers have obtained include the following:
- $40 million for a child’s birth injury that caused brain damage
- $12 million on behalf of a union worker who fell from a ladder
- $1.25 million for a vehicle passenger who suffered spinal injuries in a car accident
- $5 million for a man who had a slip and fall accident due to a water leak in his apartment
- $2.7 million on behalf of a worker who suffered chemical burns
- $1.85 million for a woman whose wheelchair fell into a pothole
- $6 million for a construction worker injured in a slip and fall accident on a crane
- $1.75 million on behalf of a student injured due to negligent supervision by school officials
- $11 million for a workplace accident
Don’t wait to get the qualified representation you need if you’ve been injured in Staten Island. You have the right to demand accountability and compensation after being hurt in an accident, and we’re ready to help you get it. Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal options with an experienced Staten Island personal injury attorney.