New York City Truck Tire Blowout Lawyer
Were You Seriously Injured in a Truck Accident?
Truck drivers need to constantly monitor and maintain their vehicles in order to prevent parts from failing. That includes making sure that their vehicles’ tires are in proper working order. If they neglect to do so, their tires could blow at any time, causing the drivers to lose control of their vehicles, leading to catastrophic crashes. Most tire blowouts may occur between May and October, but drivers still need to keep a close eye on their vehicles to make sure their tires aren’t at risk of blowing out throughout the whole year. Failure to do so puts everyone else on the road with them at risk.
Our New York truck accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. have spent the past 40+ years fighting for the rights of injured victims, and have successfully secured more than half a billion in verdicts and settlements since we first opened our doors. If you were seriously injured in a truck accident, contact us today to discuss your case with a member of our firm. We will help you put together a plan of action that best suits your needs.
How Do Truck Tires Burst?
Tire manufacturers collect data on their products in order to better understand what goes wrong and why incidents occur. While they have kept the majority of that information to themselves, they have released certain information informing the public of the most common reasons truck tires burst:
- Wear and Tear: Truck tires may be resilient enough to carry 80,000 pound vehicles across the country for years, but that doesn’t stop them from breaking down over time. Without constant attention and eventual replacement, they could eventually burst.
- Poor Road Conditions: The average truck driver travels between 2,000 and 3,000 miles every week, and many of those miles are driven over uneven surfaces, cracked roads, potholes, etc. The constant beating truck tires take adds up over time, and only speeds up the natural wear and tear.
- Underinflated Tires: Tires can lose pressure when they travel to colder climates, when the driver fails to check if it has a leak, when they’ve worn down to the point that they have trouble staying properly inflated, among other reasons. No matter the cause, an underinflated tire puts excess pressure on the internal components – the rubber, composites, steel, fabric, etc. – and increases the overall surface area, which generates more friction while travelling along the road and increases the rate at which it can wear down.
- Overinflated Tires: Some drivers prefer to keep their tires inflated towards the upper limit of what’s safe in order to increase the carrying capacity of their vehicle. However, this practice puts increased stress on the internal components, and if left unchecked for an extended period of time, could lead to a tire blowout.
- Overloaded Vehicles: 18-wheelers have a federal weight limit of 80,000 pounds in order to keep the stress put on the vehicle to an acceptable and safe level. While some drivers try to squeeze as much weight in their vehicles in order to have a more efficient drive, they do so at their own risk, and at the risk of everyone sharing the road.
Contact One of Our Attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. Today
If you were seriously injured in a truck accident, you need to hire a qualified and experienced attorney to represent you in court and at the negotiation table. Our New York truck accident attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. have spent their careers fighting for the rights of injured victims, and have successfully recovered more than half a billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Over Half a Billion Recovered
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.'s team of NYC personal injury attorneys have recovered more than half a billion dollars in verdicts and settlements for their clients.See Our Results
New York Personal Injury Lawyers
Our experienced legal team has been advocating for the rights of injured workers and individuals since 1983.Meet Our Team
An Active Voice in the News & Media
The attorneys at the Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C have been featured in ABC, The New York Times, CNN, NBC, CBS, New York Post, and more!View News Articles