Empathetic & Effective Counsel for Clients
After many years as senior partner in his own firm and the litigation manager of a highly respected general negligence practice, Mr. Hurwitz joined The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. in June of 2009, bringing with him not only a solid understanding of the strategies necessary to successfully prosecute high profile and catastrophic injury cases, but a deep sense of commitment and empathy toward his clients.
Since his arrival, Mr. Hurwitz has been able to apply a rare combination of courtroom savvy and personal attention to the firm’s clients, succeeding not only in the courtroom but in providing a particularly caring outlet to the most seriously injured of the firm’s clients.
Successful Case History
Over the years, Mr. Hurwitz has obtained millions of dollars for his clients in settlements and verdicts in cases ranging from construction accidents, defective products, improper highway design, and truck accidents, among others.
Mr. Hurwitz’s impact with the firm was immediate: In the first several months he was able to secure:
- A $1,375,000 settlement for an undocumented laborer who sustained a non-surgical lower back injury as a result of a fall from a ladder
- A $975,000 settlement for a retired building maintenance worker who allegedly fell over a piece of ripped carpet
- A $850,000 settlement for a 50-year-old man who underwent arthroscopic surgery following an injury to his knee as a result of an automobile accident
In addition to handling his own caseload, Mr. Hurwitz assists Mr. Perecman in the preparation of the firm’s catastrophic injury trials, providing an additional level of expertise and attention to both case and client.
Mr. Hurwitz has lectured for the New York State Bar Association at its full-day seminars in Basic Trial Practice and, in the fall of 2007, served as its chair in the association’s program on Practical Skills: Civil Practice – The Trial.
He currently resides in Rockville Centre, New York along with his wife Susie and their three children: Andie, Brian, and Sean.
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1990
- NYSBA Seminar Chairperson on Practical Skills: Civil, New York State Bar Association, 2007
- NYSBA Seminar Speaker at on Practical Skills: Basic, New York State Bar Association, 2005
- New York State Bar Association, Member, 1995 – 2010
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1998 – 2010