NYC Bus Accident Lawyer
Bus accidents can lead to life-altering injuries, expensive medical bills, and lost income from time missed at work. Buses are larger and heavier than most other vehicles on the road, which means they have a greater force of impact in the event of a collision. Furthermore, if you are involved in an accident while riding on a bus, you might not have a seat belt or other safety features to protect you, increasing your risk of severe injury.
To make matters more complicated, pursuing compensation after a bus crash often involves following strict claim procedures, especially if the collision involves an MTA or other public transit bus. If you got hurt in an NYC bus accident, a dedicated lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., stands fully prepared to take over this process, helping you seek compensation and justice while giving you the time and space you need to heal.
Get the legal help you need to recover maximum compensation for your losses today. Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for a free initial case evaluation to discuss how our New York bus accident lawyers can fight for the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
Why You Need Our NYC Bus Accident Attorneys
Pursuing compensation for a bus accident without help from an experienced attorney can quickly become a complex endeavor. When you turn to the NYC bus accident attorneys of The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., you can expect our legal team to handle every detail of your case, including:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to recover critical evidence such as police accident reports, accident scene photos, surveillance or dashcam videos of the crash, and eyewitness testimony
- Identifying liable parties and all possible sources of compensation for your crash injuries
- Filing your case paperwork in a timely fashion to preserve your right to recover compensation
- Aggressively negotiating with bus companies and insurers to secure a fair settlement
- Taking your case to trial if the liable parties refuse to pay you the financial recovery you deserve
Why turn to us when there are so many NYC bus accident lawyers? Because we’ve been helping injured New Yorkers get back on their feet for more than 40 years and have secured over half a billion dollars in fair compensation for them in that time. You can trust us to never back down from a fight and do everything we can to pursue the compensation you deserve.
MTA Bus Accidents in New York
According to the New York City Police Department, NYC saw 330 accidents involving buses in a single recent month. Borough-specific bus accident statistics from the same period showed that there were:
- 63 bus accidents in Manhattan
- 68 bus accidents in the Bronx
- 122 bus accidents in Brooklyn
- 64 bus accidents in Queens
- 13 bus accidents in Staten Island
Causes of Bus Accidents
Some of the most common causes of New York bus crashes include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for the surrounding conditions
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Reckless driving behaviors
- Improper lane changes or turns
- Failing to monitor blind spots
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Bus driver inexperience
- Inadequate bus maintenance
- Bus part defects
Types of Bus Accidents
Common types of bus accidents in NYC include:
- MTA bus accidents
- Charter bus accidents
- Intercity bus accidents
- School bus accidents
- Party bus accidents
- Shuttle bus accidents
Legal Liability in Bus Accidents
Depending on the circumstances of a bus crash, one or several parties could be liable for your injuries and related losses. Potentially responsible parties in a bus accident claim could include:
- The bus driver
- The bus company
- A state or local government agency
- Third-party bus mechanics or shops
- The manufacturer of the bus
- Third-party auto part manufacturers
Compensation for Bus Accident Victims
With the help of our NYC bus accident lawyers, you can pursue financial compensation for any losses you incur in a bus wreck, such as:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses, including the costs of ambulance rides, hospitalizations, surgeries, prescription medications, doctor’s visits, and therapy sessions
- Costs of long-term support for disabilities you developed due to the crash, including home health services and purchases of mobility equipment and accessibility modifications
- Loss of income from missed time at work and reduced earnings from part-time or light-duty work
- Loss of future earning capacity and job benefits due to permanent, crash-related disabilities
- Pain, emotional distress, and lost quality of life due to disabilities or permanent disfigurements
- Repair costs for vehicle damage or reimbursement for your car’s value if it was a total loss
Steps to Take After a Bus Accident
Steps you should take to preserve your legal options after a bus accident in NYC include:
- Seek prompt medical attention to have a doctor examine and treat you for crash injuries.
- Report the accident to the NYPD and the MTA or other bus company.
- Request copies of the police accident report and crash records from the bus company.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s care plan and attend all follow-up appointments as necessary.
- Keep documentation for any expenses you incur, such as vehicle repair costs and medical bills.
- Gather your pay stubs to calculate lost wages if you miss time from work.
- Contact our bus accident attorneys in NYC as soon as possible to get answers and take action.
Remember that you have limited time to file a claim after a bus crash in NYC. For example, if you have an MTA bus crash claim, you have 90 days to file a notice of claim with the NYC Comptroller’s Office. And if you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit, New York law requires you to file suit within three years of the bus accident that injured you. Our knowledgeable attorneys can help you identify key legal deadlines, make timely filings, and keep your case on track every step of the way.
Benefits of Hiring an NYC Bus Accident Lawyer
Our NYC bus accident lawyers can help you in many ways as you recover from a crash, including by:
- Handling the details of preparing and pursuing your case while you focus on healing
- Investigating the bus accident and calculating a fair estimate for your injury claim
- Managing communications with the bus company, insurers, and other parties for you
- Negotiating and pushing back when insurers try to minimize your claim value
- Taking your case to court and representing you at trial if the other side refuses to pay
Contact a New York Bus Accident Attorney
Were you hurt in a bus accident in New York? Then you need a relentless advocate for the seriously injured – one who’s secured over half a billion dollars in settlements and verdicts for injured people like you. You need The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a New York bus accident lawyer.