Long Island Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you hit by a delivery truck on Long Island? Are you dealing with painful injuries and struggling financially because you can’t work? If so, remember that you have rights – rights that a knowledgeable attorney with The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., can protect.
Our delivery truck injury lawyers have the experience and resources to pursue the recovery you deserve from the company responsible for your injury. We can identify all possible sources of compensation, negotiate aggressively with the liable parties and their insurers, and take them to court if necessary.
Are you ready to demand the money you need for your medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, and more? Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today to speak with a Long Island delivery truck accident lawyer during a free initial case review.
Why Hire a Delivery Truck Accident Lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.?
Dealing with the legal system is difficult after a delivery truck accident. Many different parties could be involved, from the truck driver to the delivery company they work for to the owner of the cargo on the truck – plus their insurers. Each of these parties has its own interests and concerns, and many have separate insurers and legal teams. Furthermore, truck accident cases involve unique types of evidence, governmental regulations, and other complicating factors.
The good news is that you don’t have to handle a delivery truck accident case on your own. Instead, you can turn to the respected injury lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for help.
Our team has a strong reputation for success with personal injury claims and more than half a billion dollars in case results to back it up. We are relentless advocates for victims of serious injuries on Long Island, and we’re ready to get to work the moment you need us.
Types of Delivery Trucks Involved in Accidents in NYC
Delivery trucks are a common part of life on Long Island, which means accidents are, too.
Examples of delivery trucks include:
- Amazon trucks
- Catering trucks
- DHL trucks
- FedEx trucks
- Flower delivery trucks
- Refrigerated food trucks
- Moving trucks
- Grocery store trucks
- Healthcare facility trucks
- Retail store trucks
- UPS trucks
- USPS trucks
- Utility service trucks
Common Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents on Long Island
Many delivery truck accidents occur when drivers or other parties fail to take reasonable steps to reduce the risk of accidents.
Common causes of delivery truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Driving while focusing on text messages, GPS, phone calls, food or drinks, personal grooming, or other distractions
- Driving under the influence – Driving while impaired by alcohol, recreational drugs, or certain medications that impair focus or other critical driving skills
- Drowsy driving – Driving while dangerously fatigued, which can have many of the same effects as driving under the influence
- Speeding – Exceeding posted speed limits or driving too fast for conditions, which can leave drivers without enough time to react in emergencies
- Driver error – Making illegal or erratic maneuvers while driving due to inexperience, intoxication, fatigue, distraction, or other factors
- Mechanical defects – Mechanical defects from manufacturing flaws or lack of proper maintenance that increase the risk of loss-of-control accidents
- Poor road conditions – Unsafe road conditions that increase the risk of accidents, such as overlarge potholes or missing traffic-control devices
Pedestrian accidents involving delivery trucks are particularly common on Long Island, with its high volume of foot traffic. Delivery truck drivers sometimes strike pedestrians because the drivers fail to yield the right-of-way or pay attention to their surroundings. If this happens to you, a lawyer can help you hold the at-fault party responsible and demand fair compensation for your losses.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Delivery Truck Accident?
Many different parties could be liable – that is, legally responsible – for the delivery truck wreck that injured you. Examples include the following:
- The delivery truck driver
- The delivery truck driver’s employer
- The delivery company
- The owner of the delivered goods
- A cargo-loading company
- A truck manufacturer
- A truck mechanic or shop
- A government entity
Employers are legally responsible for accidents caused by on-the-clock employees. However, many companies contract out their delivery work, in which case they are not directly responsible for a driver’s actions. However, simply labeling a worker as an “independent contractor” doesn’t mean they aren’t an employee for legal purposes.
If you get hurt in a delivery truck accident, an experienced lawyer can investigate the circumstances to identify all parties who should be liable for your injuries.
Potential Compensation for People Harmed in Delivery Truck Accidents
With the help of our personal injury lawyers, you could recover compensation for a variety of losses after a delivery truck accident, such as:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses related to the accident
- Medical costs you will likely incur in the future
- Lost income from any time you miss at work during your recovery
- Reduced earning capacity from any long-term or permanent crash-related injuries
- Pain, suffering, and lost quality of life
- Incidental expenses, such as travel costs for medical appointments
What to Do If You Were Injured by a Delivery Truck on Long Island
If you get injured by a delivery truck, you can take the following seven steps to protect your health and your legal rights:
- Seek medical attention promptly and follow your doctor’s orders.
- Gather evidence from the accident, such as photos and witness info.
- Keep copies of your medical records and documentation of any lost wages.
- Watch what you say to others about the accident before you talk to a lawyer.
- Document the details of your recovery progress in a journal.
- Avoid posting updates or photos on social media while your case is ongoing.
- Contact an NYC delivery truck accident lawyer for help as soon as possible.
Contact Our Long Island Delivery Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Were you hurt in a delivery truck accident on Long Island? You could be owed money, and The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., can help you pursue the maximum amount you are due.
Contact us today for a free consultation with one of our experienced delivery truck accident lawyers, and we’ll explain your options for seeking compensation.