Long Island Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
When a car hits a pedestrian on Long Island, the pedestrian pays the greater price every time. Even a low-speed collision can leave a pedestrian with devastating injuries, costly medical bills, lost income, severe pain, and long-term psychological trauma.
Many pedestrian accidents are the fault of negligent drivers who should have been more careful. If you were hit by a negligent driver while walking on Long Island, talk to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., right away. Our pedestrian accident attorneys have more than 40 years of experience and have recovered more than $500 million in compensation for our clients.
We can handle all aspects of your case, so you do not have to worry about anything except getting better. Because we take cases on contingency, you do not owe us any fees unless and until we get you money for your injuries.
Contact us today to get started with a free consultation with a Long Island pedestrian accident attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C.
Why You Need an Experienced Attorney on Your Side
Being hit by a motor vehicle can have a devastating effect on your future. You may not be able to work again, and your injuries may cause severe pain and prevent you from doing many of your favorite activities. Filing an insurance claim or pedestrian accident lawsuit will not erase the pain you have endured, but it can provide you with the means to care for yourself and rebuild your life.
The experienced pedestrian accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., can help you with your case by:
- Identifying all the liable parties – The driver who hit you likely bears most of the responsibility for the accident, but they may not be the only responsible party. For example, bars, liquor stores, and other alcohol vendors can sometimes be held liable for a pedestrian accident if they served someone who was obviously intoxicated or underage. Local governments could be at fault if poor road design or maintenance played a part. Our attorneys will conduct a detailed investigation to hold everyone responsible for your injuries to account.
- Documenting all your injuries – As part of our investigation, we will gather evidence of how the accident has affected your life. That includes your physical injuries, financial losses, and emotional pain.
- Filing an insurance claim – Before taking your case to court, we will attempt to obtain a fair insurance settlement on your behalf. That can avoid the expense and risk of a trial. We can take care of all the necessary paperwork for your claim to avoid any potential technical errors.
- Negotiating for a fair settlement – We have seen how insurance companies pressure injured pedestrians to accept unreasonably low settlements. If you were injured and someone else was to blame, you deserve full compensation for your losses. We will fight to secure you a fair settlement.
- Bringing your case to trial – There are times when taking a case to trial is the only way to obtain fair compensation for a pedestrian accident. Our team has extensive courtroom experience and will develop a comprehensive strategy to help you pursue maximum compensation.