Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffered an injury in the Bronx and someone else is to blame, you deserve financial compensation for your losses. But getting fair compensation can be difficult without the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies aren’t in the habit of handing out money without a fight. Get The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., on your side.
Our attorneys fight for catastrophically injured people throughout New York City. Whether you were hurt in a traffic collision, construction accident, slip and fall, or while using a defective product, our personal injury law firm has the experience and resources to pursue the best possible results for you. Our talented legal team has recovered over half a billion dollars in compensation for injured New Yorkers over the past 40 years.
You deserve help, and you can get it now. Reach out to a Bronx personal injury attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for a free case review. We’ll explain your legal options for seeking justice and accountability from the negligent party. Call or contact us today to get started.
What Do You Have to Prove in a Personal Injury Claim?
To recover compensation in a personal injury claim, you must prove you sustained an injury caused by someone else’s carelessness. You must also show you incurred financial expenses and personal losses due to the injury. These rules apply even if you don’t plan on going to trial. The insurance company will want compelling evidence to support your case before making a payout.
Why Trust Your Case to Our Bronx Personal Injury Attorneys?
If you wish to file a personal injury claim in the Bronx, it’s wise to get advice from an experienced attorney first. When you choose The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., you’ll get an outstanding firm with a reputation for excellence. Clients seek us out because of our:
- Stellar record of success in catastrophic injury cases – We have secured multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of injured people.
- 40+ years of handling personal injury cases – Experience counts. Our attorneys have been involved in several groundbreaking cases that changed state laws to protect accident victims better.
- Team of proven trial litigators – Our legal team advocates aggressively for our clients, both in court and at the negotiating table.
- Access to respected experts – Expert testimony is critical to the success of many complex personal injury cases. Our law firm works with a network of top experts who are leaders in their fields.
- Reputation in the legal community – Many colleagues turn to us for help with some of their most difficult catastrophic injury cases.
- Commitment to client service – Your health and wellbeing are most important to us. You can count on our attorneys to explore every possible avenue for compensation for you.
Don’t settle for any personal injury lawyer in the Bronx. Choose an attorney with the drive and dedication it takes to demand compensation and fight for a fair result for you.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., handles complex personal injury cases stemming from:
Our attorneys demand justice for people who sustain life-changing trauma such as traumatic brain injuries, paralysis, complex fractures, and other serious injuries. We can help you, too.
Types of Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Case
You could recover compensation for a range of expenses and losses after an accident, including:
- Medical bills and costs for treatment, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, medical devices, and assistive equipment
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings and employment benefits
- Physical pain and anguish
- Emotional distress
Obtaining maximum compensation requires victims to present convincing cases backed by solid evidence. Our Bronx personal injury lawyers can build your case and fight for the money you need while you heal.
New York Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
New York law places a time limit on how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. This deadline is called the statute of limitations. Most personal injury claims in New York must be filed within three years of the date of the injury. The limitations period might be extended in certain circumstances.
A personal injury lawyer in the Bronx can advise how long you have to file suit to protect your right to compensation. Fail to file on time, and you risk losing your right to compensation.
How Our Bronx Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., we believe you should focus your time and energy on recovering from your injuries, not on filing paperwork, negotiating with insurers, and managing deadlines. Our attorneys handle every aspect of the personal injury claims process. We will:
- Investigate your case to recover evidence, obtain relevant documents, and identify who may be liable for your losses
- Retain expert witnesses to provide persuasive testimony and strengthen your case
- Document your injuries to calculate your past, current, and future expenses and losses
- File demands with the at-fault party for a settlement that fairly and fully compensates you for your losses
- Take your case to trial if litigation becomes the best option for demanding accountability and maximum compensation
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in the Bronx
Taking the following steps after an accident in the Bronx can help safeguard your health and any future injury claim you wish to file:
- Take photos or videos at the accident scene to capture details that may later prove essential in your case.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Don’t put off or delay treatment ― the insurer could argue you made your injuries worse or that another incident caused your injuries.
- Follow your provider’s treatment instructions and recommendations.
- Keep all accident-related bills, invoices, and receipts.
- Collect your pay stubs or income statements if you missed work due to your injuries.
- Avoid posting on social media about your case. Insurance companies sometimes use injury victims’ social media accounts to undercut their claims.
Finally, speak to a Bronx personal injury attorney from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., as soon as you can.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries change the course of victims’ lives. They can also profoundly affect family members and loved ones, making compensation essential for the health and welfare of everyone you hold dear.
Common examples of catastrophic injuries in NYC include:
Our Bronx Personal Injury Attorneys Have a Record of Results
When choosing a law firm to represent you in your Bronx personal injury claim, select one with a proven record of success with settlement negotiations and trials. Some of the landmark results that our attorneys have secured include:
- $15 million+ jury verdict for a sheet metal worker injured when a ladder was kicked out from under him. Later settled after verdict for $7.94 million.
- $11 million settlement for a workplace accident.
- $10 million for a scaffold accident claim settled after verdict.
- $5 million settlement at trial for a man who slipped and fell on a water leak in his apartment.
- $2.7 million settlement with school officials after a student died due to security lapses that allowed the child to exit the school grounds.
- $2 million for the family of a patient who died after being wantonly neglected by staff at Kings County Hospital.
- $1.85 million settlement for a woman injured after her wheelchair fell into a pothole.
- $1.75 million settlement for a student injured by the negligent supervision of school officials.
- $1,561,000 jury verdict in a highway tractor-trailer crash case.
- $1.25 million settlement for a passenger who sustained spinal cord injury in a car accident.
There’s never an excuse for someone else’s negligence. If you or someone you love suffered injuries in an accident in the Bronx, contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today to pursue the financial compensation you deserve. We offer free initial consultations, so there’s nothing to lose by discussing your case with an experienced NYC personal injury lawyer. Call or contact us today.