Bronx Car Accident Lawyer
Hurt in a motor vehicle accident in the Bronx? You’re not alone. Hundreds of people suffer injuries or die in auto collisions throughout the borough every month. Fortunately, New York law gives you the right to demand justice if a negligent driver harms you.
Individuals who sustain serious injuries in an NYC car crash can pursue financial compensation for their losses from the at-fault party. But recovering full and fair compensation can be challenging on your own. At The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., our auto accident lawyers are dedicated to helping victims get the money they need for their medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. We exercise every legal muscle to get results for our clients, and it pays off. Our experienced attorneys have recovered more than half a billion dollars for our clients over the past 40 years.
It’s easy to get help. Call or contact us online for a free consultation with a Bronx car accident lawyer.
Why Choose Our Firm to Handle Your Bronx Car Accident Case?
Finding the right lawyer can feel overwhelming in a city filled with personal injury firms. You need a proven law firm that handles cases similar to yours and has a track record of success. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., can handle every aspect of your Bronx car accident case. Here’s why:
- We have decades of legal experience – Our legal team has been standing up for the rights of accident victims for more than 40 years. During that time, we have handled many influential cases that have reshaped local laws in favor of injured New Yorkers.
- We get results – Our accomplished attorneys have secured multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for our deserving clients. We focus heavily on complex and catastrophic injury cases.
- We are outstanding trial lawyers – Our top-notch litigators are highly respected throughout New York and understand how to develop smart legal strategies. We also have strong professional relationships with leading experts who can testify about how a car accident happened and its consequences on your life.
- We put the client first – You become the top priority when you hire our firm. Our car accident lawyers provide personalized, comprehensive legal services for every aspect of your case.
Maximizing Compensation in a Car Accident Claim
New York is a no-fault state when it comes to auto insurance. This means your own insurance provider should cover a portion of your accident-related expenses after a crash. No-fault coverage typically pays for reasonable and necessary medical bills, up to $2,000 per month in lost income, and limited amounts for certain incidental expenses.
However, the no-fault system does not allow accident victims to recover compensation for the full value of their lost wages or non-economic losses like pain and suffering unless their injuries meet a serious injury threshold set by state law. A serious injury allows injured people to step outside the no-fault system and seek additional compensation from the responsible party.
Under New York’s no-fault laws, a serious injury is one that results in broken bones, significant disfigurement, significant or permanent limitation of the use of body part or bodily function, and/or a full disability that lasts 90 days. If you meet these criteria, you could have grounds for a third-party personal injury claim.
A car accident attorney in the Bronx can help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries. Potential compensation in a successful car accident claim may include money for:
- The total value of your lost wages
- The projected loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Lost quality of life
- Vehicle repair/replacement costs
Remember that even the simplest car accident case can get complicated fast. Insurance companies work hard to minimize payouts no matter how straightforward the case seems. Having a dedicated lawyer by your side gives you a powerful ally in the fight for fair car accident compensation.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in NY
New York sets a time limit for personal injury victims to file a claim for compensation. The state’s statute of limitations generally gives you three years from the date of a car accident injury to file suit.
This three-year period passes more quickly than you might think. If you wait too long, you will most likely lose your right to seek the compensation you deserve. The tight deadline also makes it critical to hire a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible after a vehicle accident. A lawyer will pay attention to all deadlines to prevent your case from getting derailed by administrative errors.
What You Need to Know About Dealing with Insurance Companies
Expect to hear from an insurance adjuster within a few days of an auto collision. Always proceed with caution when discussing the accident with them. Here’s why:
- The insurance adjuster is not your friend – Even if the insurance representative comes across as sympathetic and friendly, remember they are trained negotiators focused on their company’s best interests, not yours.
- Anything you say can be used against you – Insurance adjusters often ask trick questions to get you to say something that jeopardizes your case. If you must speak to an adjuster, keep your statements brief and stick to the facts. If you don’t know the answer to a question, simply say, “I don’t know.” Don’t assume or guess. Never agree to provide a recorded statement.
- Never accept your first settlement offer – Many accident victims need money to cover medical bills, vehicle repairs, and living costs after a car wreck. Knowing this, insurance companies frequently make lowball settlement offers, hoping that victims will be desperate enough to accept far less than they deserve. Don’t fall for this sneaky tactic. Once you accept an offer, you can’t ask for more money later.
- Talk to a Bronx car accident lawyer – If possible, avoid speaking to the insurance company or signing any paperwork until you’ve spoken to a trusted attorney. Once you retain a lawyer, they can take over all talks with the insurer for you. That way, you won’t settle for less than you deserve.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Car Accident in the Bronx
If you suffer a car accident injury in the Bronx, take the following steps to protect your claim:
- Watch what you say to the other driver, the insurance company, and law enforcement after an auto collision. Even an apology can be twisted into an admission of fault.
- Seek prompt medical attention to ensure your injuries are diagnosed, treated, and documented on your medical record.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan to maximize your recovery and show you take your health seriously.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, such as photos, contact and insurance information from the other driver, and witness statements.
- Keep all accident-related medical bills, bank records, pay stubs, repair estimates, and other documentation as proof of your financial losses.
- Create a daily diary to record your observations about your recovery and the ways your injuries impact your everyday life.
- Avoid posting or sharing anything on social media while your claim is pending.
- Contact a knowledgeable car accident attorney in the Bronx for legal advice.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries fall across a broad spectrum. Examples of common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Facial injuries and dental trauma
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Partial or total paralysis
- Broken bones
- Abdominal injuries and internal bleeding
- Wrongful death
If you or someone you love suffered catastrophic injuries in an NYC auto wreck, turn to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for free legal advice.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in the Bronx
Common causes of auto wrecks in the Bronx include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driver error
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield
- Improper turning
- Improper passing
- Uber/Lyft drivers
- Hit and run
- Uninsured drivers
- Defective car parts
- Inadequate maintenance
- Poor road conditions
When negligent drivers or other parties cause harm, they can and should be held accountable. Always reach out to a trusted car accident law firm for guidance before settling with the insurance company.
How a Bronx Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., is staffed by award-winning car accident lawyers dedicated to superior client service. We’re by your side from start to finish. We will:
- Listen to your story and explain all your legal options
- Conduct an independent investigation into the accident
- Interview witnesses, gather evidence, and build a compelling case for maximum compensation for you
- Communicate with insurers, attorneys, and other parties for you
- Complete and file all paperwork for you
- Negotiate aggressively for a fair settlement that accounts for your present and future needs
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Most personal injury claims resolve in settlements. But when the insurance company refuses to pay what’s fair, we won’t hesitate to take your case to court and demand a better result.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in the Bronx Today
When you’re struggling after a wreck in the Bronx, get The Perecman Firm. P.L.L.C., by your side. We’re committed to delivering results that get clients back on their feet and moving forward in life. Get a free initial consultation by contacting us now.