NYC Personal Injury Lawyer
Steven Dorfman comes to the Perecman Firm as our managing attorney after more than twenty years of success as a trial lawyer and partner at another firm that specialized in handling catastrophic injury cases. During the course of his career, he has been responsible for the resolution of tens of millions of dollars for his seriously injured clients. Steven has had the privilege of representing hundreds of seriously injured men and women, most of whom have been injured construction workers. Steven has also had the honor of working on many high profile and complicated cases such as the 2008 Manhattan Crane Collapse, the 2013 Spuyten Duyvil train derailment, and is honored to currently be working with many other eminently talented attorneys on the 2015 Metro-North Accident that occurred in Valhalla, New York. Some examples of Steven’s results are:
- $3.25 million in Supreme Court, Kings County for an injured construction worker who suffered a head injury when a portion of an unsecured wall fell.
- $1.4 million for an elevator repair mechanic that suffered hand injuries when he slipped on a work platform, causing his hand to come into contact with an elevator counter-weight.
- $1.375 million in Supreme Court, Albany County for an injured construction worker who suffered a fractured foot in an accident that was disputed by his boss and other witnesses.
Steven’s prior experience managing complex cases from inception through trial, as well as his service as the principal appellate lawyer at his former office, gives him a unique perspective on case management and an outstanding combination of skills to assist the elite team of lawyers at the Perecman Firm in the preparation and prosecution of their cases.
Dedicated & Passionate Advocacy
Steven is a devoted and passionate advocate who works tirelessly to make sure that his clients are not abused by insurance companies or the entities that caused their injuries. Steven is committed to assisting the seriously injured and believes that there is no higher calling than fighting for the rights of accident victims and assisting the seriously injured in receiving just compensation for their injuries. Steven’s passion for helping those in need has compelled him to dedicate his legal career to assisting largely under-represented individuals and protecting them from abuse. One of Steven’s proudest professional accomplishments was his pro bono representation of victims of the September 11th attacks before the September 11th Victim’s Compensation Fund.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association