What kind of coverage is my insurer required to provide?

New York is a no-fault automobile accident state. That means your insurance company is required to pay for your medical expenses (up to a certain amount), depending on the policy you purchased. Certain limited lost wages may also be covered. If your accident and injuries were caused by someone else, you may also have grounds to bring a civil claim against the at-fault party to recover additional losses such as pain and suffering and full medical expenses and lost earnings.