Car Accident Attorney in Jericho
Have you been injured in a car accident in Jericho, New York? Was someone else at fault for the crash? Then you may have the right to pursue financial recovery for your medical bills, lost wages, and many other losses from the responsible party’s insurance coverage. Turn to a Jericho car accident lawyer from The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., for help demanding the total compensation you deserve.
For over four decades, our attorneys have advocated for injured victims of accidents in Jericho and throughout New York. Many law firms say they have what it takes to handle complex injury cases, but few have the record to back it up. We’ve won more than half a billion dollars in compensation for our clients. We stand ready to put our considerable skills, resources, and experience to work on your case.
Reach out to The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., now for a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options with a Jericho car accident lawyer. Let us fight for the compensation and justice you deserve from the driver at fault for the accident.
Why You Should Choose Our Jericho Car Accident Lawyers
The right car accident lawyer can make a big difference in the financial recovery you obtain after suffering injuries in a crash. Injured people choose the Jericho car accident lawyers of The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., because:
- We have an outstanding record of success in catastrophic accident cases, having recovered over half a billion dollars in compensation for clients over 40-plus years of legal service, including some of New York’s groundbreaking injury cases.
- We are a team of highly experienced trial litigators backed by a deep roster of leading experts and extensive firm resources.
- We have the respect of our peers in the legal community, with many of our fellow attorneys choosing to refer their most complex catastrophic injury cases to us.
- We make our clients our top priority, using our full-service approach to handle every detail of their cases so they can focus on their physical and emotional recovery.
Common Car Accidents in Jericho
A few examples of common types of car accidents that occur in Jericho include:
- Rear-end accidents – Often caused by tailgating and distracted drivers
- Head-on collisions – Caused by distracted, fatigued, or intoxicated drivers who drift over the center line or accidentally go the wrong way on a one-way street or highway ramp
- Sideswipe collision – An accident where the sides of two vehicles collide, usually because a driver failed to signal or check their mirrors before changing lanes
- T-bone collisions – Usually occur at intersections when a driver runs a red light or stop sign or fails to yield the right-of-way
- Rollover collisions – An accident that involves a vehicle flipping onto its side or roof or tumbling over several times
Potential Compensation for Injuries in Jericho Car Crashes
After a car crash in Jericho, New York, you may be entitled to recover compensation for losses caused by your injuries. Depending on the circumstances, you could be owed money for the following:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Expenses for long-term home health care if you suffer permanent disabilities
- Lost income and future earnings if you cannot work because of injuries or disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability, impairment, loss of bodily function, and disfigurement
What You Need to Know About NY Insurance and ‘Serious Injuries’
Every driver in New York must have at least $50,000 of personal injury protection (PIP) coverage as part of their car insurance. Also known as no-fault insurance, PIP covers certain medical expenses and lost wages you incur if you are injured in a car accident in Jericho, regardless of who was at fault. However, PIP does not cover pain and suffering, lost quality of life, and other losses. You must also file your PIP claim within the deadline established by your insurance policy, or you may lose your right to compensation.
Under New York’s no-fault insurance system, you can seek compensation from the driver at fault for the car accident only if you sustained “serious injuries” in the crash. Section 5102(d) of the New York Insurance Law defines a serious injury as any personal injury that results in:
- Permanent loss of use of a body organ, member, function, or system
- Permanent consequential limitation of use of a body organ or member
- Bone fracture
- Loss of a fetus
- Significant disfigurement
- Significant limitation of use of a body function or system
- Non-permanent injury or impairment that prevents an injured person from performing most of or all their usual and customary daily activities for at least 90 of the 180 days following the accident
Jericho Roads to Stay Alert On
Some of the most dangerous roads in the Jericho area include:
- Jericho Turnpike/NY State Route 25, which has seen 62 motor vehicle accident fatalities in one recent five-year period
- The Long Island Expressway
- The Northern State Parkway
- North Broadway
Tips for Avoiding Car Accidents in Jericho
You can reduce your risk of getting into an accident in Jericho by following these safety tips:
- Avoid aggressive driving or road rage behaviors, including tailgating, slamming on the brakes, unnecessary honking, or swerving in and out of traffic.
- Do not react to other aggressive drivers, as they may choose to target you with their behavior.
- Maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead of you.
- Avoid distractions behind the wheel, especially from your cell phone.
- Practice defensive driving, and always expect the unexpected from other drivers.
- Always use your turn signals and check your mirrors before turning or changing lanes.
Contact Our Skilled Car Accident Lawyers in Jericho Today
Contact The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C., today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation with our experienced Jericho car accident lawyers. We will explain what our firm can do to help you obtain accountability and financial compensation from the person who hurt you. And because we won’t charge a fee unless we win your case, there’s no upfront cost to demanding the justice you deserve.