The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. secured five case results that have been selected for inclusion in the 2019 edition of New York Law Journal’s “Top Verdicts & Settlements” list!
The NYLJ’s annual Top Verdicts & Settlements issue showcases the largest reported recoveries obtained by plaintiffs’ attorneys and law firm’s throughout New York State. The publication’s final list is based on public court records and data reported to VerdictSearch during the previous calendar year.
In addition to having five of our results included in the prestigious Top Verdicts & Settlements list, our legal team also secured a spot in the list of Top 10 Settlements, as well as the Top 10 Mediated Settlements!
Our top results published in the New York Law Journal from 2019 were:
- $5 Million Settlement: Attorneys David Perecman and Zachary Perecman secured a $5M settlement following a 100% jury verdict in September 2019 on behalf of a 46-year-old client who suffered a back injury after he slipped and fell in his bathroom due to a ceiling leak. The result tied for the #10 largest settlement on NYLJ’s Top Settlements list.
- $3.7 Million Settlement: A $3.7M settlement secured by Attorneys David Perecman and Adam Hurwitz in May 2019 came in as the #15 largest settlement in New York last year, according to the NYLJ. The case involved a carpenter who suffered electrical shock injuries while installing a drop ceiling using a pneumatic nailer. Exposed and uncapped electrical wiring had been seen in the area where our client was working.
- $2.4 Million Settlement: Attorneys David Perecman and Zachary Perecman recovered a $2.4M settlement - tied for the #10 largest mediated settlement - for a union-affiliated mason who suffered back injuries after falling through a temporary lumber bridge into an open trench.
- $2 Million Settlement: Attorney Adam Hurwitz and our team secured a $2M settlement - tied for the #35 largest settlement - for a non-union torch operator who suffered injuries to his foot, knee, and back after he was struck by a Bobcat excavator on a Manhattan demolition site.
- $1.25 Million Settlement: Attorney Steven Dorfman recovered $1.25M - tied for the #20 largest mediated settlement - for a 20-year-old client who suffered serious back injuries when a commercial vehicle struck her car and caused her to crash into a parked vehicle in Queens County.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is grateful for our selections to this year’s Top Verdicts & Settlements list. Having had cases named to the 2018 Top Verdicts & Settlements list and listings from previous years, we know it speaks volumes about our attorneys’ passion for helping victims, and their ability to secure top-tier results. Most importantly, we are thankful for the trust our clients placed in us during their times of need, and for providing us an opportunity to fight for the compensation they deserved.
Since our firm was founded in 1983, our talented trial lawyers have secured more than $500 million in compensation for injured workers, victims, and families across New York. If you have questions about our firm or a potential case, call or contact us online to learn how we can help.