The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is proud to support Construction Safety Week 2019 – held this year from May 6 through May 10!
As one of NYC’s most trusted injury firms, our team is always available to help workers and families following construction accidents. We’re also committed to supporting safety efforts which benefit everyone in an industry where seemingly insignificant safety lapses can have life altering consequences.
Construction Safety Week 2019
A collaborative effort by The Construction Industry Safety (CISI) Group and Incident and Injury Free CEO (IIF) Forum, National Construction Safety Week stresses the importance of prioritizing safety, sound workplace practices, and regulatory compliance in construction.
There are several objectives, large and small, behind Construction Safety Week:
- Strengthen the industry’s overall culture of safety;
- Improve safety performance through shared resources and best practices;
- Elevate safety awareness and its impact on workers, families, teams, and communities;
- Inspire everyone in the construction industry to be leaders in safety.
Construction companies and others in the industry use Safety Week as a springboard for re-focusing and re-energizing efforts to eliminate preventable injuries on worksites. CISI and IIF offers various resources to help workers, employers, friends, and families get involved:
- Planning Toolkit – Use the 2019 Safety Week Planning Playbook for ideas, informational resources, and sample agendas;
- Workplace Events – Plan events on job sites, including kick off meetings, safety demonstrations, appreciation activities, toolbox talks, project tours, and more;
- Job Site Reviews – Conduct job site safety reviews which evaluate company policies, training requirements, catastrophe response, and compliance plans;
- Community Involvement – Invite first responders, experts, media, and other community members to safety-related events, training exercises, or meetings;
- Spread the Word – Using free graphics, templates, and social media toolkits to engage in the larger conversation and spread awareness;
Find helpful resources and more information about Construction Safety Week 2019 here.
Committed to Fighting for Injured NYC Construction Workers
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is a New York City-based injury law firm with a national reputation, and an unwavering commitment to our community. Since 1983, we’ve recovered over $400 million in compensation for clients, and have cultivated a proven record of success in construction accident cases. In fact, our team has recovered over 50 separate verdicts and settlements exceeding $1 million (each) in construction-related claims in the past 7 years alone.
Having seen the repercussions of safety failures, Labor Law violations, and negligence on construction sites, we’re passionate about helping clients fight for justice. We’re also driven by knowing our work has the power to shape safety policies and legal protections for all the men and women who deserve safe worksites, and clear paths to compensation when it’s needed most. Contact us if you have a potential case to discuss.