The deadline to apply for the Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism is just a few weeks away! The deadline to submit your application is Tuesday, July 31.
Every year, the Perecman Firm offers a $1,000 scholarship to a student or loved one living with autism. We understand that students on the autism spectrum face their own unique set of challenges, and we hope that this scholarship can help with some of the financial burdens along the way.
High-achieving students applying for this scholarship need to meet two criteria to be eligible:
- The applicant or a loved one is on the autism spectrum, and
- The applicant has been accepted to or is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or postgraduate college or university.
Applicants must submit their official academic transcript to apply for the Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship, and they also must write and include a 500-1,000 essay using one of these prompts:
- Tell us about a time that you have had to overcome an obstacle as a person with autism that other people would not have had to face.
- Explain how your loved one’s autism has affected you and how you have adapted to help them.
- Answer this question: What do you feel is the biggest obstacle holding back people with autism today?
The complete application requirements can be found on the main scholarship page here. Applications must be sent in by Tuesday, July 31, 11:59 p.m. EST to be considered.
Working for a post-secondary degree can put incredible financial stress on anyone, no matter your circumstances. We understand just how much it can help you on your way towards pursuing your dream career, and all of us here at the Perecman Firm believes that every student deserves the chance to receive the best education they can. We hope that this scholarship can help give a student financial support so that they can receive the education they need to help achieve their goals and shape and improve their communities.