Don’t miss out on your chance to apply! The deadline to submit applications for the Fall 2016 Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism is this Sunday, July 31.
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is offering this $1,000 scholarship to a student or loved one living with autism. Deserving students on the autism spectrum face unique challenges at school, and our hope is that this scholarship can help cover some of that financial burden.
There are two criteria a high-achieving student needs to meet to be eligible for the Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship:
- The applicant or a loved one is on the autism spectrum, and
- The applicant has been accepted to or is currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or postgraduate college or university.
To apply, applicants must submit their official academic transcript as well as a 500 to 1,000 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about a time that you have had to overcome an obstacle as a person with autism that other people would not have had to face.
- Explain how your loved one’s autism has affected you and how you have adapted to help them.
- Answer this question: What do you feel is the biggest obstacle holding back people with autism today?
The application, as well as the requirements, can be found on the bottom of this page. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on July 31, 2016 to be considered for the Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship.
We understand just how difficult earning a post-secondary degree can be, and the difference that it can make when pursuing a successful career. Every student deserves a chance to receive the best education they can, but unfortunately not everyone has the means to do so. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. hopes that this scholarship can help a deserving student achieve their dreams to better both their own lives as well as improve and shape their communities.