Men and women working in the construction industry make huge contributions to the quality of life each of us enjoy living and working in New York. Unfortunately, the construction industry is a difficult and dangerous industry to work in.
The Perecman Firm has represented individuals in New York who have been injured as a result of accident on a construction site, including accidents involving:
- Heavy Equipment – When excavation equipment, heavy machinery or large trucks are used on construction sites, the potential for serious or catastrophic injuries increase. Failure to properly train equipment operators, warn employees about the use of machinery or control the worksite can contribute to the occurrence of serious injuries.
- Explosions – Working with welding equipment, fuel lines, natural gas, electrical wiring and other flammable substances poses serious risks for explosions and burn injuries.
- Burns – In addition to burns caused by fires and explosions, burns can also be caused by the chemicals construction workers are often exposed to on the job site. Proper training and handling techniques, along with the use of safety equipment can prevent most chemical burns but even with proper training, accidents and injuries can happen.
- Falls – In the construction industry, falls are the most common cause of serious injuries and death. In both commercial and residential settings, the fall risk is real. Ensuring that proper safety equipment is used at all times can minimize the potential for injury.
- Electrocution – Working around electricity poses a serious risk to construction workers. A simple error can cause serious injuries and even death when electricity is involved. Construction workers have to be extremely careful when it comes to electricity because anything from power lines to faulty wiring poses the potential for a life threatening injury.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction accident, you want an experienced construction attorney to handle your case and ensure that your rights are protected. Call the knowledgeable attorneys at The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. to discuss your case and learn about your options.