This past weekend, a New York auto accident left a woman seriously injured after her car hit another vehicle before crashing into Brooklyn construction scaffolding, reported the New York Post (2/5/2012).
The woman, who was driving a Lincoln Navigator, lost control of her SUV, hit the curb and a tree before slamming into the construction scaffolding, according to the New York Post.
As New York auto accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm understand, actions taken by drivers or passengers after an auto accident are crucial.
According to David Perecman, founder of The Perecman Firm, one of New York’s auto accident law firms:
- Check to see if anyone in your car is injured, and if so, call for medical help.
- Exit your vehicle if it’s safe.
- Check to see if anyone in the other vehicle is injured, and if so, call for medical help.
- Call the police.
- Take pictures, makes notes, and gather contact information for witnesses.”This initial evidence can help an New York auto accident lawyer determine what kind of case you may have,” said New York auto accident lawyer Perecman, a New York auto accident lawyer for over 30 years.
- If injuries were suffered in a New York auto accident, consult an experienced New York auto accident lawyer before filing an insurance claim or discussing your accident with anyone, including insurance representatives, other drivers or witnesses.
The Perecman Firm has a long record of helping victims of New York auto accidents collect compensation from insurance companies and David Perecman has been named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best personal injury lawyers in New York.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an auto accident in New York, please contact the New York auto accident lawyers at The Perecman Firm.