Two young siblings have been awarded $400,000 for damages they suffered after ingesting lead-based paint in their former apartment in New York. According to Staten Island Live, the two kids were sickened by paint that had peeled or chipped off the walls and window sills in their old Quinn Street home.
One child was 3-years-old and the other child was 16-months-old when they moved in with their mother into their rental apartment in October 2008. Tests in July of 2009 showed that both children had blood lead levels indicating lead poisoning. It put them at risk for developmental disabilities. New York personal injury lawyers understand that exposure to lead can result in neurological damage.