Coming Alongside Those Affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
This page contains helpful resources for individuals whose lives are affected by autism spectrum disorder (ASD), as well as for those who wish to get involved in helping autistic members of their community. The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is among many individuals passionate about serving disabled children through measures such as Avonte’s Law. Find out more about how you can stand in support of this important bill or take action by visiting the links below.
- Autism Speaks — Autism Speaks was founded in 2005 and has grown into the world’s leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism.
- Autism Society — Founded in 1965, Autism Society is a leader in pushing for autism awareness and even help pass the first federal autism-specific law. The Autism Society’s website is one of the most visited website on autism in the world.
- AutismUnited™ — This organization raises autistic awareness by providing stories of inspiration, tons of helpful autism tips for parents, and autism education.
- HollyRod Foundation — The HollyRod Foundation is dedicated to providing compassionate care to those living with autism and Parkinson’s disease.
- The Organization for Autism Research — Founded in 2001, The Organization for Autism Research uses applied science to answer questions parents and teachers ask daily.
Avonte Oquendo Memorial Scholarship for Autism
The Perecman Firm, P.L.L.C. is offering a $1,000 scholarship for a college student living with autism, or whose loved one is living with autism. Applications for the scholarship are now closed. Be sure to check back for another opportunity to apply.
The Ultimate MUST FOLLOW Autism Twitter List
- John Donvan @johndonvan — Autism writer with 1,236,070 followers
- Jacqueline Laurita @jaclaurita — Autism advocate with 805,510 followers
- Holly Robinson Peete @hollyrpeete — Founder of autism website HollyRod.org with 438,000 followers
- Kevin Healey @kevin_healey — Autism author and speaker with 118,513 followers
- Thriving with Autism @autismtips — Online autism community with 83,877 followers
- The Autism News @theautismnews — Headlines and news about autism with 62,715 followers
- Els for Autism @elsforautism — Professional Golfer Ernie Els foundation with 51,945 followers
- Anna Kennedy @annakennedy1 — Founder of Autism’s Got Talent with 46,797 followers
- David Kaufer @davidkaufer — Autism Advocate with 44,370 followers