New York Workers’ Compensation Claim Lawyer
New York Disability Attorney
Learn How to Pursue New York Injury Benefits That You Deserve
When you are injured on the job and can no longer perform your work duties, these simple questions may be tough to answer.
- How will I pay my medical bills?
- How long will it take to get my benefits?
- What is the first step towards receiving those benefits?
At The Perecman Law Firm, our attorneys have assisted injured workers in filing for workers’ compensation benefits, including permanent and temporary disability benefits, for more than three decades. We can walk you through the process, explain your rights and ensure that once you have been approved for benefits, you receive the correct payments in a timely manner.
Given our strong track record of success in helping injured workers get the workers’ compensation benefits they need, we have been continually recognized in New York by legal authorities and peers in the legal community.
Steps to File a Workers’ Compensation Claim
After a construction or scaffolding accident, industrial accident or other accident on the job, you must take several steps when filing for workers’ compensation benefits:
- Notify your employer of the injury. Your employer will give you workers’ compensation forms to fill out about the extent of your injury. It is important to fill these out correctly, as they could impact your benefits down the road.
- See a doctor. If it is an emergency, seek medical attention immediately. Even in non-emergency situations, get medical attention soon to learn the extent of your injuries.
- Fill out and file workers’ compensation forms. These forms are often confusing and filling them out incorrectly can limit your eligibility or the amount of benefits you can receive.
The lawyers at the Perecman Law Firm can guide you through these steps, help you fill out your forms and make sure that you do not unintentionally limit the amount of benefits that you are eligible to receive under the law.
Talk to an Attorney After a Workplace Accident
If you have been injured on the job and believe that you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits, talk to attorney David Perecman to learn more about your rights. From our office in Manhattan, we serve clients in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester and throughout New York.
Contact The Perecman Law Firm by calling our office toll free at 718-WORKERS (888-997-2354).